Purpose of Role
The jobholder is responsible for researching and producing high quality features and to serve the information needs of Marketing Week’s audience of senior marketers and help deliver the brand’s business objectives.
- Responsible for sourcing and investigating in-depth investigative articles, analysis and trends features, some of which will be part of Marketing Week’s online subscription service.
- Conducting interviews with contacts and senior industry figures on key issues and keeping up-to-date on industry priorities to develop relevant and timely articles and stories.
- Developing strong networks and expanding industry knowledge through attending and reporting on conferences, roundtables, and industry events, acting as an ambassador for Marketing Week.
- Sourcing data and individual contacts that are unknown/unused by competitors in the market to ensure that we are producing unrivalled content.
- Deputising for the features editor and taking on editing responsibility when required.
- Representing Marketing Week at key industry events, including evening work.
- Writing clear copy that needs minimal subbing to maintain the integrity of the Marketing Week brand.
- Developing and helping produce content across all channels including podcasts and video
- Keeping up to date with competitor trade titles and the wider business press to ensure they are aware of all relevant issues and context.
- Building up contacts and maintaining existing relationships to ensure we meeting audience needs.
- Hosting webinars and chairing/moderating sessions at Marketing Week events such as Festival of Marketing.
- Sourcing exclusive data and research studies on key industry and consumer trends.
- Work with the news/features editor to develop new content ideas and formats.
- Writing opinion pieces based on key industry trends and news.
Behaviours and knowledge
- Ability to produce accurate copy quickly and within deadline.
- An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery that includes the ability to spot new ways to present and deliver content in different media.
- Managing competing deadlines.
- Strong news and analysis sense.
- Ability to generate his or her own contacts both in and outside work hours.
- Experience in news or features roles.
- In-depth industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Collaborative and supportive working style with peers.
- Content consistently sourced and produced to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere, helping to drive up subscription, engagement and traffic.
- Develop a contacts and data source network to ensure Marketing Week delivers market-leading analysis, insight and news.
- Constant flow of ideas and concepts that serve our audience’s needs and cannot be found elsewhere.