JOB TITLE: US Account Director
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: The Influencer Group, Influencer Intelligence & Fashion & Beauty Monitor
REPORTS TO: Commercial Director – Renewals
How you will help us grow….
Influencer Intelligence sits within Xeim and offers a full-service talent marketing solution. Combining a data-driven influencer marketing platform with a dedicated in-house analyst team, the tool helps businesses navigate the influencer marketing landscape, aiding them in identifying and evaluating the right influencers for their campaigns and planning communications effectively.
US Account Director is responsible for building strong relationships and a strategic account plan to retain and grow subscriptions for our biggest opportunity & highest value clients. The post holder should gain in-depth knowledge of these clients’ needs, in order to proactively look for opportunities to drive value, expand and upsell accounts.
A core part of the role is to develop and execute ‘customer success plans’ to ensure customers derive maximum ROI from the subscription, thus securing renewals and achieving uplift where the opportunity exists.
An upshot of effectively rolling out customer success plans will be gaining a greater understanding of the customers’ business strategy and needs. Pairing this with the insight from customers’ product engagement, the post holder should work to uncover and identify customers’ needs and then match relevant expansion opportunities.
As a senior account lead, the post holder will be a critical member of The Influencer Group enterprise account management team working collaboratively with marketing, our research team and partners to understand and customise our proposition to clients
Who will guide me….?
The Commercial Director, Xeim subscription sales team, Xeim marketing team, Xeim product development team and the Xeim research team
A day in the life of….
- Accurate reporting and forecasting
- Adhering to renewal schedules and keeping account admin accurate and up to date
- Developing relationships with client base, understanding their business and the sector and through a consultative account management approach driving usage and value
- Opening uplift opportunities through new budget lines, departments and where appropriate, growing accounts into global agreements
- Identifying opportunities for subscription upsells and advisory services and selling these in where appropriate
- Ensuring maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation
- Arranging and presenting at regular client meetings
- Working collaboratively with internal support teams, such as client services and marketing
- Requesting sector-specific support from Research, Content and Marketing teams to maximize relevance of our product to customers
- Attending and networking within the industry at events and conferences
- Staying abreast of the subscription service, and the influencer marketing industry as a whole
- Using initiative to identify at risk and growth opportunities months in advance so appropriate action is taken
- Juggling accurate admin and renewal processes with proactive client contact and meetings
What we need you to have….
- Account management experience
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in a consultative sales environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Client-facing experience with high value customers
- Outstanding conversation skills, commercial acumen and adept at uncovering prospects’ business challenges
- Experience in negotiating high value contracts with procurement
- Entrepreneurial with a problem-solving mentality and positive attitude
- Motivation to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues
What we would like you to have…
- Strong track record in B2B sales role preferably business information or subscriptions based
- Understanding of digital marketing, especially influencer marketing
Our teams will say you’re
- Confident when communicating both internally and externally
- A key player in the business and take great pride in your work and the business
- A stickler for detail
- Super organised and are always one step ahead of the clients
Success Will Be…
- Hitting personal targets on subscription renewal rates by value and volume
- Providing quality and regular feedback to Senior Leaders and Research Team to drive product enhancements