This position is based in Creative Review, which forms part of Centaur’s Business Publishing division. Launched in 1980 Creative Review aims to inspire, inform and stimulate debate among audiences in graphic design, advertising, digital media, illustration, photography as well as other fields of the creative industry worldwide.
The job holder is responsible for producing high quality editorial content across print and online. This includes developing existing and building relationships with key contacts and keeping abreast of all relevant industry developments.
- Generating story ideas and writing selected stories across print, online and social, with a particular emphasis on feature stories.
- Seeking out and investigating stories via contacts, press releases and other media.
- Assisting in production of magazine and online, including subbing and picture research.
- Assisting in the commissioning of other contributors to Creative Review.
- Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances and contacting people in industry for publishable opinions/quotes.
- Looking for press releases and announcements in addition to responding to tip-offs and calls.
- Attending any conferences as appropriate.
- Creating and uploading content for the website.
- Writing content for printed magazine
- Creating content for CR’s social channels and sharing our articles on there
- Checking stories for accuracy of content (e.g. facts, figures, people) and any potential legal issues.
- Ensuring articles are written in the house style.
- Sourcing images and graphics for stories.
- Attending industry events and acting as a representative of CR.
- Developing and maintaining contacts with key industry figures and staying abreast of industry trends.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Senior experience in a similar role.
- Ability to produce accurate copy quickly and within deadline.
- Managing competing deadlines.
- Strong news sense.
- Market Knowledge and strong contacts book, particularly across design, advertising, photography, technology and the wider arts
- Sub-Editing experience
Please only apply if you’re looking for a part time position of 3 days per week.