The Lawyer is the UK’s leading legal news, data and insight publication and is looking to recruit a detail-oriented senior research analyst to join its research and data team.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that produces a suite of annual market reports alongside bespoke thought leadership and customised research projects for clients in the legal sector including law firms and vendors to the sector.
As a part of this team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading law firms on innovative thought leadership projects. Therefore, the role would suit an ambitious research analyst with 3-5 years’ experience or a keen graduate with a passion for research, writing and data analysis.
The role focuses on the activity of Litigation within the UK and would ideally suit a graduate with a Law degree.
Our research analysts experience multiple aspects of research projects, from designing surveys and analysing survey data to writing reports and interviewing senior-business executives. It is a challenging role that offers plenty of opportunities to learn.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing, coding and distributing surveys to respondents
- Collecting and analysing survey data
- Managing contact databases
- Desktop research
- Conducting research phone interviews with senior-business executives and lawyers
- Writing reports
- Liaising with clients
- An understanding of legal terminology and the workings of the UK courts and structure
- 3-5 years’ experience in a research or research-related role is desirable but not essential
- Competent with Microsoft Excel and data gathering
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form
- Ability to spot trends within data
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for data checking