This accomplished designer will be responsible for all design collateral for Centaur’s events, publications and digital businesses. They will ensure that high-quality design and best practice production values are met, work delivered is “on brand” and that there are considered processes in place to meet all deadlines. This will involve managing outsourced partners when needed.
The Designer will work on numerous campaigns ranging from responsive websites and banner advertisements to company literature and print advertising, relishing the challenge of taking big ideas through to placement and position to the final delivery of graphics. You will be expected to collaborate with the Marketing teams to merge content and design. You will be open-minded and proactive with natural creative flair. A strong interest in the latest tech, trends, and methods are given.
You must be able to work under pressure – multi-tasking, managing a varied workload and prioritising accordingly is an integral part of this busy role.
- Consistently delivering artwork within brand guidelines that are relevant to the end-user; having a POV and clear creative/design ideas will be important
- Ensuring that the work is reflective of our own market expertise and personality; challenge the status quo when appropriate
- Working with relevant outsourced partners to ensure creative concepts are clear and guidelines and deadlines are met
- Understanding all our distribution platforms to ensure that work has cut through and impact
- Working with the wider business to fully understand objectives and to ensure relationships are positive and collaborative
- Working under pressure to tight deadlines whilst retaining strong attention to detail and following brand guidelines in all work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and XD/Sketch– Adobe After Effects
- Office – in particular, Powerpoint
- Degree or other professional Design qualification
- Proven previous experience either in-house or agency
- Experience working in a fast-paced, digitally focused, creative environment
- Experience working across multiple brands and sectors
- Demonstrating a mastery of type & design flair and an understanding of creative messaging
- Online portfolio of high-quality digital design work
- Working knowledge of web design – HTML 5, CSS
- All design work is carried out to the highest quality and meets briefing requirements
- Proof of continual skill development and growing knowledge of design technologies
- Proven collaboration with Digital Design Lead, web developers and the marketing and ops teams
- Proven relationships and trust built-up within the wider organisation
- Ability to challenge and interpret all requests so that re-work is minimised
- Confidence to challenge in a collegiate way; managing upwards and across the board will be important.
- Strong management of any outsourced requirements
- Budget/spreadsheet management