About The Lawyer…
The Lawyer was established 30 years ago to provide the latest news, analysis and business intelligence to lawyers working in private practice, in-house legal departments and The Bar. Since then The Lawyer has become a multi-faceted global print and digital brand with numerous events every year. The Lawyer brand is recognised for its forward-looking content, senior audience and market-leading data products, and we are delighted to be the PPA’s Business Information Product of the Year 2020.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that produces a suite of annual market reports alongside bespoke thought leadership and customised research projects for clients in the legal sector including law firms and vendors to the sector.
As a part of this team, the successful candidate will work on one of the Lawyers premium data product, collecting and entering data concerned with UK litigation. The role would suit an ambitious and energetic person looking for their first role in business.
A Day In The Life Of…
• You will take primary responsibility for data collection and data entry on our new Litigation product
• You will have an eye for detail and ensure accuracy of the Litigation Tracker, adding cases, judgements and claims on a daily basis
• You will monitor client feedback for reported discrepancies in the data and correct these errors
• You will be happy supporting the research analyst in the creation of articles to be published on our website and monthly magazine and the creation of our quarterly litigation tracker product, including ensuring the publication deadlines are met and that data contained within the report is accurate and up to date.
What We Need You To Have…
• Desire to learn; this might be your first job but you’re enthusiastic and eager to learn new skills
• Mental acumen; you are a natural problem solver, able to think on your feet and think laterally
• Interest in the Legal Industry
• Organisation: you are self-starting and disciplined, able to manage your time effectively and methodical in your approach to tasks.
• Tech Savvy; you are confident using various IT software in particular Microsoft Office
• Tenacity; you can maintain momentum in moments of adversity, keep a positive outlook and motivate those around you with your high work rate, infectious energy and enthusiasm
• Curiosity; you are an active listener, constantly seeking to further your understanding of the market in which you operate.
Our teams will say you’re…
• Confident when communicating both internally and externally
• A key player in the business and take great pride in your work and the business
• A stickler for detail
• Super organised and are always one step ahead