The Lawyer is the UK’s leading legal news, data and insight publication and is looking to recruit a detail-oriented research assistant to join its research and data team.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that produces a suite of annual market reports alongside bespoke thought leadership and customised research projects for clients in the legal sector including law firms and vendors to the sector.
As a part of this team, the successful candidate will work on one of the Lawyers newly launched products, collecting and entering data concerned with UK litigation. The role would suit an ambitious and energetic person looking for their first role in business.
The research assistant will take primary responsibility for data collection and data entry on our new Litigation product. The successful candidate will, on a daily basis, record cases, judgments and claims into our database and manage feedback from clients on data errors reported in the system.
Secondary activities will include supporting the research analyst in the creation of articles to be published on our website and monthly magazine and the creation of our quarterly litigation tracker product, including ensuring the publication deadlines are met and that data contained within the report is accurate and up to date. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining accuracy of the Litigation Tracker, adding cases, judgements and claims on a daily basis
- Monitoring client feedback for reported discrepancies in the data and correcting these errors
- Supporting the research analyst in the analysis of data sets for articles and reports
- Supporting the creation of our quarterly litigation tracker reports
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A willingness and desire to learn
- Strong computer literacy
- An interest in the legal sector
What we can offer you:
An outstanding work environment in our brand new offices at WeWork Waterloo