How you will help us grow….
Marketing Week has been at the centre of the marketing industry for more than 40 years, giving us unrivalled authority, trust and integrity.
We are here to provoke debate about the biggest questions in marketing, the stuff that is important, that elevates marketing as a driving force in a business. Through our focus and award-winning content, we help marketeers step out of the everyday and step up in their career.
We spotlight the depth and breadth of what marketers do, all that they are, and all that they have the potential to be. We’re here for every marketer – whatever industry, whatever level, whatever challenge. We help them build influence, bolster their effectiveness and become the best marketer they can be.
The reporter will be responsible for producing on and off-diary content – including news, analysis, features, interviews, podcasts and video – working to tight deadlines to produce exclusive content our readers cannot find elsewhere.
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop and maintain strong industry contacts, as well as a willingness to come up with new content ideas and innovate with how we reach our audience.
Who will guide me….?
Our experienced Insights Editor and the rest of the Marketing Week family
A day in the life of….
• Sourcing, investigating and delivering content including, news analysis, features and podcasts.
• Profiling senior industry figures
• Keeping up-to-date on industry priorities and developing relevant and timely content
• Developing a strong contacts network
• Attending and reporting on conferences, roundtables, and industry events, acting as an ambassador for Marketing Week at all times
• Developing an understanding of social media and how to leverage it to promote content.
• Supporting Xeim Labs and Festival of Marketing by helping deliver partnership and other content
What we need you to have….
Experience you’ll need…
• A track record of producing accurate content quickly and within deadline
• An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery
• Previous experience in a reporting role.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Collaborative and supportive working style with peers
You’ll know how to…
• No job is too small for you, you’ll approach every task with positivity and enthusiasm
• Network with key industry players to build long lasting relationships
• Be agile and flexible – the nature of our business is that things will change quickly so we need you to be agile too and manage competing deadlines
• Be versatile, although you keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time, you manage it well and meet your commitments to the team
Success will be…
• Content consistently sourced and produced to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere, helping to drive up subscription, engagement and traffic.
• Successfully developing a reliable network of contacts and data sources to ensure Marketing Week delivers market-leading news and analysis
• A constant flow of ideas and concepts that serve our audience’s needs and cannot be found elsewhere