Fashion and Beauty Monitor is a service (the “Service”) provided and operated by Centaur Marcomms Limited and its UK affiliates (collectively referred to in this Privacy Notice as “we”, “us” or “our”). As part of the Service, we will collect and display certain information relating to digital influencers and their agents and industry contact information which may contain personal data. This Privacy Notice is aimed at such persons (“you”, “your”) and sets out how your personal data is collected and for what purposes.
The Service is a business-to-business focused product. Information about you is collected from publically available sources. The categories of information we collect includes contacts information for journalists, brand communication professionals and PR professionals, as well as profile information for digital influencers including: age, birthday and birthplace, gender, town/city of residence, social media influence, audience analytics, recent news, brands endorsed, and management contact details. We may not collect all these categories of information for all digital influencers featured on the Service.
We will always use our best efforts to ensure that the information we include about you is accurate and we do not include information from unreliable sources. We will then aim (where possible) to contact you to verify the information that we hold about you (or your client). If we subsequently learn that any information held about you on the Service is inaccurate or out of date we will aim to update this as soon as possible. To help us ensure that information is accurate and up-to-date we ask that you notify us of any changes to your contact details.
Our Service aims to put you in touch with subscribers who are interested in acquiring your (or your client’s) services and to contact you regarding potential opportunities that you may be interested in (such as endorsements). For example, a brand or PR professional may use our Service to learn more about you (or your client) and to contact you (or your client) in relation to a commercial endorsement or press opportunity. Being featured on the Service does not indicate any specific availability of you (or your client) and you are free to agree or reject any specific opportunities for which you are contacted.
The information we gather about you is in accordance with our and our subscribers’ legitimate interests so we can connect businesses with digital influencers and fashion and beauty professionals who can help raise the profile of businesses. Your information is only made available to subscribers of our Service. We will retain your information on the Service for as long as you are working in the fashion and beauty industry in a position of relevance to our subscribers and/or have (or your client has) a public profile and audience following which is likely to be of interest to our subscribers, which we determine through consumer interest analytics.
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground and where we do not have compelling legitimate interests to override such objection. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Please be aware that the rights above are not absolute and there may be circumstances where we are unable to comply with your request. In such cases we will explain why we cannot comply with the request.
If you have any questions about this statement or if you would like to contact us in relation to your personal data or to check whether you feature on the Service please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more about your personal data you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.