Centaur, the business information, insight and events group, issues the following update in advance of its AGM to be held today at 12.30pm.
The Board is pleased with the progress made across the Group with Q1 trading in line with Board expectations.
Centaur has seen positive growth around organic product development and the opportunities arising from the integration of our recent acquisitions. Highlights include:
- The Lawyer’s upgraded digital subscription platform, a step change in allowing customers seamless and unrivalled access to editorial, data and market insight, has had a positive start since its successful launch in April
- Marketing Week’s successful online eLearning programme delivered its largest ever intake to its Mini MBA, generating over £0.5m revenue
- The Business Travel Show had another strong year with revenues +14% and a high level of rebook of 78%
- MarketMakers continues to grow well organically and is also now actively engaged in sales programmes across the Group
- The Growth Partner initiative which offers clients a broader selection of Group services, spearheaded by Oystercatchers, is showing encouraging early signs
The Board is confident in the outlook for Centaur. The continued transformation of the Group means that it is well positioned to take advantage of current market dynamics. Furthermore, the strengthened balance sheet, cashflow management and the net cash position gives Centaur the potential to complement organic growth with strategic acquisitions.
-- End --
020 7970 4000 Andria Vidler, Chief Executive
Swag Mukerji, Chief Financial Officer
0207 353 4200 James Macey White