The Lawyer is an award-winning and market leading business intelligence and insight provider in the legal sector. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We provide specific global markets with the tools they need to achieve excellence, and measure and benchmark their performance.
With a market penetration of over 95% of the top 50 UK law firms, The Lawyer is a genuine market leader. Our client reach also extends to large US firms, FTSE 100 in-house legal teams and legal tech vendors.
With year-on-year growth and continued investment in new marketing tech, this is a great time to be joining the brand.
The new Marketing Executive will sit within the subscription and premium content team of the marketing function, and will be responsible for delivering effective marketing campaigns an array of products. This role uses both online and offline marketing methods, (email marketing, marketing automation, print and online advertising, event signage, social media and emerging channels etc.) and strong communication skills to build effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and external contacts.
- Executes marketing tactics, and agreed marketing extensions, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that integrate online and offline marketing activities, using a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques.
- Produces timely and accurate audience and marketing reports, forecasts, and accruals through maintenance of all data collection points and ensuring data is collected in line with best practice guidelines.
- Demonstrates industry awareness and audience understanding across defined marketing products, identifying key competitors, monitoring audience and marketing activity, highlighting changing marketing techniques and identifying opportunities for best practice process improvements and collateral development.
- Implements successful integrated marketing campaigns, using full marketing mix, that deliver agreed targets within budget and on schedule
- Successfully plans, organises and executes multiple campaigns across the product portfolio whilst ensuring quality of output is maintained at all times.
- Collaborate with the content and research teams to develop compelling content marketing lead generation activity.
- Develops and maintains all relevant marketing and sales collateral to support marketing campaigns and defined commercial needs.
- Write and edit high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all communications demonstrate the defined value proposition for the brand.
- Brief comprehensive, accurate and creative designs to our in-house design team, ensuring minimal amends and efficiency
We are seeking someone who is passionate about both how marketing is done today and how it can be driven forward and improved. Someone who enjoys working in a collaborative, cross-functional team, within a varied role. You appreciate what it means to be part of a recognised brand and will be a reliable, hard-working self-starter. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are proud of your attention to detail and approach projects and campaigns with enduring enthusiasm.
Behaviours and knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications.
- Understanding of marketing principles, strategy, tactics, developments and new techniques
- Demonstrated experience in campaign management and new marketing technologies.
- Project management and organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of audience and products.
- Copy writing, proof reading skills and attention to details.
- Strong data and analytical skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and team-working.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Experience and qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a B2B marketing role.
- Business, marketing or related undergraduate degree.
- Data-driven and highly analytical.
- Experience working with an email client.
- Knowledge of Web CMS, most notably WordPress, would be an advantage
- Experience in dealing with Marketing Automation Software is preferred, but not essential.
- Superior communication, writing and editing skills in English.
- Central London location.
- Flexible working, including working from home and hot-desking.
- Based in a WeWork office, so benefit from free coffee all day, free alcoholic beverages in the afternoon, table football, table tennis, pool table etc.
- A highly collaborative, skilled, knowledgeable and sociable culture.
- Work for a long-standing brand that is a genuine market leader in the sector.