JOB TITLE: Marketing Executive
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: The Lawyer
About The Lawyer…
The Lawyer was established 30 years ago to provide the latest news, analysis and business intelligence to lawyers working in private practice, in-house legal departments and The Bar. Since then The Lawyer has become a multi-faceted global print and digital brand with numerous events every year. The Lawyer brand is recognised for its forward-looking content, senior audience and market-leading data products, and we are delighted to be the PPA’s Business Information Product of the Year 2020.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
The Marketing Executive will sit within the subscription and premium content team of the marketing function, and will be responsible for delivering effective marketing campaigns across an array of products.
This role uses both online and offline marketing methods, (email, marketing automation, online advertising, event signage, social media and emerging channels etc.) and strong communication skills to build effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and external contacts.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about both how marketing is done today and how it can be driven forward and improved. Someone who enjoys working in a collaborative, cross-functional team, within a varied role. You appreciate what it means to be part of a recognised brand and will be a reliable, hard-working self-starter. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are proud of your attention to detail and approach projects and campaigns with enthusiasm.
A Day In The Life Of…
- Execute marketing tactics, and agreed marketing extensions, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that integrate online and offline marketing activities, using a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques.
- Produce timely and accurate audience and marketing reports, forecasts, and accruals through maintenance of all data collection points and ensuring data is collected in line with best practice guidelines.
- Demonstrate industry awareness and audience understanding across defined marketing products, identifying key competitors, monitoring audience and marketing activity, highlighting changing marketing techniques and identifying opportunities for best practice process improvements and collateral development.
- Implement successful integrated marketing campaigns, using full marketing mix, that deliver agreed targets within budget and on schedule
- Successfully plan, organise and execute multiple campaigns across the product portfolio whilst ensuring quality of output is maintained at all times.
- Collaborate with the content and research teams to develop compelling content marketing lead generation activity.
- Develop and maintain all relevant marketing and sales collateral to support marketing campaigns and defined commercial needs.
- Write and edit high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all communications demonstrate the defined value proposition for the brand.
- Brief comprehensive, accurate and creative designs to our in-house design team, ensuring minimal amends and efficiency
What We Need You To Have…
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications.
- Understanding of marketing principles, strategy, tactics, developments and new techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in campaign management and new marketing technologies.
- Project management and organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of audience and products.
- Copy writing, proof reading skills and attention to details.
- Strong data and analytical skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and team-working.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
What We Would Like You Have…
- Experience in a B2B marketing role.
- Data-driven and highly analytical.
- Experience working with an email client.
- Knowledge of Web CMS, most notably WordPress, would be an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with Marketing Automation Software is preferred, but not essential.
- Superior communication, writing and editing skills in English.