Purpose of Role
The Junior Conference Producer will be responsible for researching and developing programme content for high-quality, sustainable commercial conferences. Working closely with the editorial and sponsorship teams, the conference producer will undertake in-depth telephone and desk research, build compelling agendas, write marketing and content copy, secure high-level speakers and contribute to event strategy and growth plans.
Key Accountabilities for the Successful Candidate:
- Research & Analysis – in-depth phone, desk and face to face research to drive commercial conference programmes and to become a market expert
- Copy Writing – sales-driven brochure, web, direct mail and email copy to drive delegate and sponsorship sales
- Speaker Acquisition – sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of high level industry leading speakers, building a network of contacts
- Speaker Liaison – liaise with speakers before, during and after the conference conference, building a network of contacts and making them part of The Lawyer community
- Brand Ambassador – representative for The Lawyer brand at all times, through telephone and face to face meetings
- Budget Management – minimise speaker costs and expenses
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Interested candidates will have intellectual curiosity and an enormous capacity to learn and absorb information. Prior experience as a conference producer and knowledge of the legal industry are a plus but not mandatory.
- As part of a growing division, the candidate will be required to actively seek out opportunities and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. They will require superb organisational skills to manage a number of projects at one time and be able to take accountability for deliverables on a day to day basis.
- They will have excellent influencing skills, the ability to understand brands and their value, and work closely with editorial, logistics and sales teams. They will be flexible in their approach and they will look for solutions which drive optimum performance for their individual events and for the business.