Purpose of Role
The role-holder is responsible for maximizing the revenue, profits and brand value of sponsorship revenues streams for the Festival of Marketing. This includes establishing strategy, generating and maintaining budgets, people management, client relationship management in addition to leading sales and identifying new revenue streams.
Dimensions of the Role
Revenues: circa £1.7m with direct responsibility for £700K of core team revenue and indirect responsibility of supporting the key accounts team to deliver a further £1m of revenue in the
Sales team: minimum of 2 core team sales executive
- Setting and communicating commercial strategy and direction for FoM with Managing Director and all relevant support teams
- Overseeing all commercial activities relating to Festival of Marketing
- Ensuring profitability and smooth running of events.
- Acting as a positive, brand ambassador both internally and externally.
- Identifying gaps in the market and introducing solutions where profitable.
- Forecasting and setting annual budget with final approval from the Managing Director.
- Ensuring revenue streams are in-line with forecasts and budgets; and amending as necessary.
- Ensuring a long-term brand building approach to the Festival of Marketing
- Monitoring own event against competitors and industry opinions.
Leadership and People Management:
- Ensuring team structure facilitates commercial success and fulfillment of client requirements.
- Overseeing sales operation and working to support the key accounts team to deliver their revenue budget/forecast
- Managing and setting the process within the sales team, including reviewing performance (KPI’s) and identifying trends.
- Setting targets and commission structure with the Managing Director/Commercial Finance Manager and communicating it to the team.
- Ensuring there are sufficient resources to achieve the agreed targets.
- Motivating and managing performance of team members.
- Support a positive and collaborative team environment, providing coaching and regular feedback to sales team.
- Leading planning and execution for core accounts
- Pro-actively identifying and sharing opportunities to offer integrated, cross media solutions with a partnership approach to the key accounts team
- Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
- Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products.
- Obtaining regular feedback from clients, audience and industry.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Proven Sales and Event Managerial Experience.
- Strong financial acumen
- Good collaboration skills
- Product achieves or exceeds budgeted revenues
- Product achieves budgeted profit
- New revenue is generated from the defined target list
- The sales team consistently hits both individual and team revenue targets with each team member demonstrating contributions across the full revenue mix