How you will help us grow….
Marketing Week has been at the centre of the marketing industry for more than 40 years, giving us unrivalled authority, trust and integrity.
We are here to provoke debate about the biggest questions in marketing, the stuff that is important, that elevates marketing as a driving force in a business. Through our focus and award-winning content, we help marketeers step out of the everyday and step up in their career.
We spotlight the depth and breadth of what marketers do, all that they are, and all that they have the potential to be. We’re here for every marketer – whatever industry, whatever level, whatever challenge. We help them build influence, bolster their effectiveness and become the best marketer they can be.
Marketing Week has an opening for an ambitious and experienced reporter who would relish the opportunity to contribute to the success of one of the UK’s most trusted and authoritative business titles.
The “Head of News” would be responsible for delivering Marketing Week’s news agenda to serve its audience of senior marketers and help deliver the brand’s business objectives. Unearthing the developments, issues, challenges and opportunities marketers face to will help increase the salience of and engagement with Marketing Week.
Who will guide me….?
Our experienced Editor and the rest of the Marketing Week family
A day in the life of….
• You’ll source, investigate and deliver content across multimedia channels including news analysis, features and podcasts.
• You’ll be confident editing exclusive news across all branded channels in line with Editor-in-Chief’s content strategy
• You’ll work closely with the Editor in Chief, Deputy and Insight Editor to develop a weekly webinars and roundtables
• You’ll take an active role in profiling senior industry figures and identifying them within the industry
• You’ll keep up-to-date on industry priorities and develop relevant and timely content by attending events, doing research and building a network of contacts within the industry
• You’ll be a natural networker and enjoy building a little black book of contacts, you’ll build lasting relationships which help you access the latest news.
• You’ll be happy to attend and report on conferences, roundtables, and industry events, acting as an ambassador for Marketing Week at all times
• You’ll understand social media and how you can leverage it to promote content.
• You’ll support Xeim Labs and Festival of Marketing by helping with the creation of content for partnership deals
What we need you to have….
Experience you’ll need…
• A track record of producing accurate content quickly and within deadline
• In depth knowledge of the marketing industry
• An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery that include the ability to spot new ways to present and deliver content in different media
• Previous experience in a B2B reporting role.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Collaborative and supportive working style with peers
You’ll know how to…
• No job is too small for you, you’ll approach every task with positivity and enthusiasm
• Network with key industry players to build long lasting relationships
• Be agile and flexible – the nature of our business is that things will change quickly so we need you to be agile too and manage competing deadlines
• Be versatile, although you keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time, you manage it well and meet your commitments to the team
Success will be…
• Content consistently sourced and produced to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere, helping to drive up subscription, engagement and traffic.
• Successfully developing a reliable network of contacts and data sources to ensure Marketing Week delivers market-leading news and analysis
• A constant flow of ideas and concepts that serve our audience’s needs and cannot be found elsewhere