Brands, Technology Vendors and Media Agencies are significantly increasing their investments in Digital, and Econsultancy is ideally placed to capture the revenue opportunities arising in this fast-moving sector.
The Head of New Business is responsible for driving exceptional customer experience and commercial performance from the Econsultancy new business sales team, whilst leading by example by contributing their personal share of new business sales revenue. A process-driven approach is required to closely monitor all pipeline opportunities and strike an appropriate balance between yield and speed of the sales cycle.
In addition to meeting subscription new business sales targets, the post holder is responsible for ensuring the team identifies and exploits cross-sell opportunities across our capability and consultancy product lines, likely face-to-face training and blended learning programmes. Individual and team incentives are in place to incentivise cross-sell performance.
- Work with Sales Director and marketing to continue to refine prospect lists, including process to engage lapsed accounts as new business
- Work with marketing to devise account based marketing strategies, and to ensure our lead generation and lead scoring activities provide the volume and quality of leads required, based on conversion metrics, to reach new business targets
- Work in collaboration with marketing and content teams on creative initiatives that will engage prospects at a company or sector level (prospect roundtables and tailored blog posts, for example)
- Work with Sales Director to find the right balance in terms of our volume / value pricing strategy to deliver predictable performance against new business targets
- Monitor pipeline opportunities and ensure thorough implementation of processes where all inbound and outbound leads are fully maximized
- Ensure the team adhere to strict administrative processes (such as call logging and pipeline updates) that allow us to effectively track the likes of productivity, sales cycles, lead conversion rates, campaign success and more
- Mentor and coach team to develop and retain exceptional sales talent that reliably deliver revenue and first class customer experiences. This will include day to day involvement in phone calls, meetings, pitches and contribution to sales decks and acting as an escalation point, as well as mentorship around longer term career paths
- Understand our full capabilities across our consultancy & capability team in order to be knowledgeable enough to ensure that agreed cross sell targets are met, and that the customer is offered our full suite of services to best match their requirements
- Create a positive sales culture that promotes healthy competition and engenders commitment to the business and our customers
- Work with Sales Director to set individual and team targets in line with company revenue aspirations and be relentless in meeting the objectives
- Take ownership for ensuring that the customer voice is heard loud and clear throughout the business and that feedback on wins / losses impacts on product development, content, marketing and improved sales processes
- Ensuring an effective hand over from new business to Account Management teams
- Responsible for ensuring that only high quality sales proposals leave the organisation, ensuring there is no variance in quality, branding or messaging from customer-to-customer
- This role calls for an experienced sales leader with an outstanding record of growing B2B sales. Previous experience in subscriptions or SaaS space is required, ideally within the digital marketing, marketing or ecommerce industries.
- Demonstrable success in driving a team to reach challenging sales targets, and in hitting personal sales targets in a consultative sales environment
- Previous experience working in collaboration with marketing, in particular on lead management
- Exemplary day to day people management skills that inspires trust and confidence in others
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail, in particular around administrative / data process in order for our data to provide valuable insights
- Able to engage confidently and professionally with senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Outstanding commercial acumen
- Natural desire to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Interest in all things digital
- Ability to work on own initiative and offer a pro-active problem-solving approach
- Minimum 5-year B2B sales experience
- An understanding of the marketing and ecommerce functions within brands and the way digital changes are affecting them