Purpose of Role
This senior role is the lead for the Advise Project Management team, with a focus on developing, delivering and applying expertise, consultancy and training solutions for a range of global clients. You’ll head a large team of diverse talent ensuring our programmes meet the highest standards of operational discipline & delivery while meeting (and hopefully exceeding) all commercial and financial expectations.
- To ensure the smooth running of the business through a solutions-focused approach to project delivery in an award-winning & fast-growing businesses.
- Comfortable & verbally fluent in Modern Marketing, and able to demonstrate natural productivity and instinctive team building skills. Demonstrating daily that you are happy being close to clients and consultants alike & be unphased in networking and presenting to clients when asked.
- Responsible for instilling commercial mindedness into the PM & Consultant teams alike to ensure there is a formal process to capture and handover new commercial opportunities and that it is adhered to. You will additionally check progress against these opportunities to ensure all work runs on time and in budget, as well as ensuring future opportunities are identified and mined.
- Responsible for the financial management of projects, including full budgetary control ensuring project time is tracked properly and reconciled regularly. Using the data available this role will be expected to find ways to improve our offering and ways of working & be responsible for leading our use of SalesForce as a key tool. Fully Budget aware and able to participate fully in the weekly senior team Budget tracking meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are quoted and delivered with appropriate cost and time-scale contingencies built in. Fully understand the importance of accurate project planning in terms of forecasted revenue recognition and management of the team and the client base accordingly
- Responsible for building the internal capability and quality of the Project Management team in line with all key Xeim tools, processes and systems (e.g. budgeting, strategy planning, invoicing, contracting)
- Responsible for the design and implementation of end-to-end processes to ensure efficient scoping and delivery of projects with first class customer experience. This will include, but is not be limited to:
- Standardised approaches to scoping requirements and building out project plans
- Feedback capture (client and consultant)
- PM to Sales team handovers
- Formal capture and tracking of progress against additional commercial opportunities identified
- Management of the scope of projects ensuring scope creep is mitigated
- Responsible for ensuring best practice project management principles are followed and embedded by the full team
- Leadership of the Consultant network including roster management, contractual compliance and remuneration rates
Primary performance indicators
Leadership: Live and uphold our values whilst encouraging our people to develop. Lead by example & be seen as the leader of the Advise Project Management team.
Delivery: Ensure projects are delivered on time as scheduled, and profit margins are maintained and enhanced across individual, team and portfolio projects. Accountable for leading the project planning discipline covering scoping, estimating, time planning and capacity planning.
Management: Responsible and accountable for managing project management teams across multiple business units, helping them to develop as individuals and managers. Run weekly meetings with the Project teams as well as regular 1:1’s. Work closely with the other Heads of Departments (esp. Sales & Subs) to form a well- oiled unit.
Financial: Contribute to the annual budget revenue by clear management of commercial opportunities and managing handovers between sales, account managers and project managers. Responsible for managing the reconciliation process, reporting on the performance of accounts, ensuring that clients are billed appropriately.
Best practice: Deployment of best practice project management and processes that are used by multiple teams. To accelerate and elevate the overall quality of Xeim project management.
Process and Systems: Responsible for continual review and proposals for updates to all delivery processes and systems and for ensuring there is a standardised approach across the business to all parts of the process.
- Instinctive and natural passion for Modern Marketing.
- Proven track record either client or agency-side with a strong understanding of market dynamics & Marketing.
- Self-motivated and capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions and ensure exceptional culture of client-service
- Confident, articulate and a proactive thinker.
- Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal, digital & visual).
- Proven team player, both as a leader and participant.
- Positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Intuitive and restless networker
- Able to communicate with senior clients and find workable solutions when crises occur
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent financial skills