This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading insights and information provider headquartered in Central London.
Econsultancy’s mission is to help our customers achieve excellence in digital, marketing and ecommerce through research, training and events.
Founded in 1999, Econsultancy is used by more than 600,000 professionals every month, and has offices in New York, London and Singapore.
Our subscribers have access to research, market data, best practice guides, case studies and elearning – all focused on helping individuals and enterprises get better at modern marketing.
The subscription offering is supported by consultancy and capabilities services which include training courses, skills assessments and audits. We train and develop thousands of professionals each year and host events that bring the Econsultancy community together.
Purpose of Role
As a Digital Production Manager/Sub-editor, you will play an important role in editing and publishing compelling in-depth reports, case studies, presentations and more – all about the latest digital marketing trends and best practices.
This role will need to:
- Edit and proofread contributors’ work (reports, presentations, case studies, etc.) with consideration for tone of voice, flow and pertinence of content
- Ensure all corrections are made
- Create final report pdfs and add reports online
- Use Infogram to create interactive charts for reports online
- Source images for online use
- Advise research team/writers on image copyright when needed, flag up any concerns
- When using our external partner team to add reports online, manage the team to ensure their work meets Econsultancy standards and house style. Control quality and send feedback as and when necessary to improve quality of work.
- Over time, responsible for co-ordinating contributors, including editing and proofing copy for several reports a year
The role requires familiarity with content production but also has room to be creative. It involves editing, proofreading, laying out our reports, tagging, as well as using words, imagery and video to make our research come to life for our subscribers.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree or above.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills and experience
- First-class written English
- Attention to detail
- Experience using a content management system (CMS)
- Ability to oversee production of high-quality reports
- Self-starter, capable of creating and managing own workload
- Very well organised and meet deadlines
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with co-workers and bouncing ideas around
- Keen eye for spotting striking imagery likely to make reports, case studies and presentations visually appealing
- Ability to use design and charting programmes (g. Infogram)
- Knowledge of digital marketing and ecommerce is preferred