JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Data Analyst
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: Centaur Media plc
About the company…
Centaur Media is an international provider of market intelligence and specialist consultancy that inspires and enables people to excel at what they do within the legal and marketing professions. Its award-winning brands include The Lawyer, Marketing Week, Econsultancy, Influencer Intelligence, Design Week and Creative Review.
Our range of products and services offer customers business intelligence and expertise, consultancy, training, lead generation and events. These are all based on Centaur Media’s heritage, reputation and track record of providing essential content.
Centaur is listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange, with offices in London and New York. It has approximately 250 employees and its head office is situated in WeWork’s flagship European office on London’s South Bank.
About the role…
Centaur are seeking an experienced Marketing Digital Data Analyst to support business growth through the efficient and effective use of audience data, provide digital analytics subject matter expertise, and take responsibility for the processes and systems used to collect, process and interpret our audience data and provide data services to the wider business, such as data segmentation and quantitative analysis.
The successful applicant will deliver an analytics strategy, ensuring that we have the leading-edge audience measurement and analytics capabilities to influence key decisions. This role will primary support our Xeim group of businesses.
The role is likely to involve a mixture of office and home-based working.
Who will guide me….?
The Group Head of Data will be on hand to support you in the role.
A day in the life of….
- You’ll be working alongside the Xeim marketing and commercial teams to deliver audience data in a timely manner for campaigns or external clients. This will require the ability to understand the data structures available to the teams, and advise on the segmentation strategy being suggested, whether helping to define what is available or triaging requests made through your knowledge of data quality, privacy restrictions or availability.
- Work across our data collection systems (focusing heavily on web analytics) to implement consistency of data throughout, liaising with development teams, external contractors or through hands on configuration yourself.
- Lead the use of digital analytics across Xeim teams, lending expertise and advice on what is available, how to interpret it and how to access it – across all levels in the business. Your understanding of what we have and how it should be used should control the use of the insight throughout the business.
- You’ll be involved in major campaign planning and analysis, such as helping define data requirements for our Festival of Marketing, helping deliver the marketing campaigns, and working on the analytical wash up after – presenting this information to the senior teams.
- You’d look to automate or simplify where-ever possible, this could be by creating visualisations to explain data rather than presenting numbers, or to facilitate the completion of a regularly required report.
What we need you to have….
We are looking for capable, dynamic candidates who can apply themselves to our specific, B2B marketplace – as such, we would identify the following as elements that we would expect to see from a candidate – but realise finding someone who can identify against all of them will be difficult. However, key to the role are:
- Strong bias for action
- Experience and confidence in working with web analytics
- Understanding of market segmentation, marketing requirements and restrictions
From there, we would be looking for examples of experience across these following skills or traits:
- Ability to design and deliver fit for purpose data structures to support management decisions
- Experience with the following technologies :-
- Web analytics and tag management (ideally Adobe Analytics and Launch but others will be considered)
- Data segmentation & selection (Faststats or Alterian / DMP)
- Data visualizations (Tableau, Qlik or Power BI)
- Any SQL would be an advantage
- Proven track record in delivering business improvements through fit-for-purpose analysis
- Strong MS Office skills, especially excel (VBA experience an advantage)
- Background in analytical data manipulation on large marketing databases
- Experience of preparing for and presenting to senior leaders
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Innovative and commercial
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the business
What We Can Offer You…
- Work within a dynamic busy team, with an opportunity to surprise and delight senior stakeholders with effective analysis
- Experience working within a B2B commercial environment, and a chance to hone skills and approaches which affect bottom lines
- A company that has continually fostered a program of diversity and inclusivity, with opportunity open to all to get involved with ongoing projects and groups
- A fantastic office space, with some amazing facilities, great benefits, and a real opportunity to drive your career forward.