Xeim helps our clients achieve Excellence in marketing. We do this by providing all the insight, advice and connections that marketing professionals need to stand apart from their peers. Our range of products and services is unrivalled, offering customers business intelligence and expertise, consultancy and training, and lead generation and events.
Through our market-leading brands we engage the marketing industry with over 7 million touch points per month across proprietary editorial content, digital products, insight and analysis.
Our marketing portfolio includes brands such as Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, MarketMakers, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence.
Marketing Week has been at the centre of the marketing industry for more than 40 years giving marketeers authority, trust and integrity. Provoking debate about the biggest questions in marketing by providing the latest industry news, insight and support. The knowledge that Marketing Week provides elevates marketing as a driving force within businesses across the globe.
Marketing Week is hiring a digital content producer who will be responsible for driving traffic to the website, increasing readership and helping to grow subscription numbers. The job holder is responsible for reaching and engaging with audiences across key channels including social media, search, email newsletters and MarketingWeek.com.
The role will involve maintaining and expanding Marketing Week’s social media presence, managing all Marketing Week newsletters, and curating the website, in particular ensuring the best possible look and feel for the homepage and landing pages. It will also involve producing content such as videos, infographics and interactive content, so the postholder needs a solid understanding of what makes a good news story and to be proactive in finding new ways to serve this content to our audience through digital channels. There may be some opportunities to write but this is not the main focus of the role.
Marketing Week Website
- Producing and creating content for articles, including design, image and text formatting and SEO optimisation.
- Sourcing images, media and content for online stories.
- Maintaining the look and feel of the website, in particular how articles and images appear on the homepage and key landing pages.
- Handling comments and queries about the website or content.
- Managing our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts, including the distribution of content and responding to audience comments and queries.
- Promoting the Marketing Week brand and those of its sister publications, as well as communicating the subscription offering.
- Working with marketing, sales and events teams to promote our events and commercial content projects across digital channels.
- Producing monthly reports on social media performance and engagement, tracking progress against agreed targets.
- Researching social media trends and new technologies and assessing their suitability for Marketing Week.
- Working with the section editors on devising and delivering Marketing Week’s newsletter strategy.
- Creating and distributing daily and weekly email newsletters.
- Monitoring traffic from newsletters and suggesting ways to boost this.
- Web production experience including use of programmes such as WordPress, PhotoShop and online tools such as Canva.
- Experience running social media accounts, preferably for a newsroom.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to write clear and concise copy.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Editorial production experience.
- Experience of working in a newsroom with journalists.
- An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery across different media.
- Knowledge of and interest in the marketing and advertising industry.