Employee Benefits has operated for 20 years in the HR sector and focuses on producing content for buyers of employee benefits & HR services. It is the market leading source of information, insight and networking for the reward & benefits community with over 10k subscribers.
The role of Digital Business Development Manager will be tasked with growing marketing solutions/ digital advertising revenues within specific market sectors within a team of 4 sales people. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for maximizing revenues from existing customers and generating new business opportunities (50:50), by building effective relationships with decision makers, understanding their goals and communicating our ability to support their business through digital & supplementary print solutions.
- Complete revenue responsibility for specific client sectors.
- Exceed Individual & team revenue targets across the employee benefits portfolio.
- Understand market sectors, trends, industry developments to ensure a competitive edge.
- Maximize business from existing accounts by mapping, planning & development.
- Secure revenue from prospects, targets & lapsed customers.
- Cold call to generate new business and build future pipelines.
- Develop productive relationships at the appropriate levels, to drive business and client acquisition.
- Understand all products within the employee benefits multi-platform portfolio (digital, print, events & exhibitions) to support cross sell opportunities.
- Canvass for, arrange and excel at face to face meetings.
- Understand, promote & sell concepts at launch stage.
- Deal with business of varying sizes, SME to blue-chip.
- Manage agency relationships.
- Produce compelling proposals ranging anything from £1,000 to £200,000.
- Contribute to compelling sales materials to support revenue acquisition.
- Ensure contracts are signed and shared before marketing schedules start.
- Manage customer accounts throughout the entire sales cycle to deliver excellent customer service.
- Attend all relevant industry events to network, understand the competitor marketplace & represent our brand.
- Keep accurate, up to date records, pipelines, opportunities, attend sales meetings and report accordingly.
- Adhere to the businesses KPI’s on call times and meeting rates.
- Become fluent on Salesforce.com.
- Work with internal teams including editorial, marketing, operations, research & finance to ensure smooth business operations and client satisfaction.
- Support and promote a positive and collaborative team environment.
Behaviours and Knowledge
- A proven track record in digital sales.
- Knowledge of the HR market an advantage.
- A hungry, motivated, competitive, self-starter.
- Determination to reach goals, exceed individual expectations.
- Ability to plan, & sell for the short, medium & long term.
- Strong commercial acumen, contributor of ideas.
- Evidence of developing effective new business revenues.
- Proven ability to grow existing accounts and regain lapsed accounts.
- Passion to outdo team and organizational targets.
- Effective communicator internally & externally.
- Ability to work with senior industry contacts.
- Adept at networking, and able to socialize productively.
- Professionalism as brand ambassador for Employee Benefits & Centaur.
- Achieve or exceed targeted individual revenues
- Build forward bookings in set sectors
- Develop new revenue and acquire new customers
- Regain lapsed customers
- Grow existing accounts
- Work as part of a team to reach group goals.