Working as a key member of the Digital Ops team, you will be responsible for the architecture and deployment of Centaur DevOps infrastructure, taking a key role in the full lifecycle of new technology infrastructures from conception to deployment and monitoring. Using a security first approach you will work alongside the Technical Development Manager and other members of the Digital Ops team to ensure performance, availability and security of all assets remains best in class at all times.
With a focus on process, deliverables and communication you should be passionate, driven and committed to shaping and adopting Centaurs technical strategy.
You will be open-minded and proactive always forward-thinking and ahead of the curve, cascading knowledge and training staff accordingly.
The ability to work under pressure, multi-tasking and managing varied workloads and prioritising accordingly is an integral part of this busy role.
- Responsible for the architecture and deployment of Centaur DevOps infrastructure.
- Management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across all Centaur sites/software.
- Taking a key role in the full lifecycle of new technology infrastructures from conception to deployment and monitoring.
- Taking lead in troubleshooting issues in development systems in a timely manner.
- In charge of designing, building, maintaining and optimizing comprehensive automation systems that operate the business’s web, and data infrastructure platforms including scaling strategies and develops automation scripts and solutions for the purpose of streamlining, implementing, and testing sites/software.
- Conducting research, tests, and implementation of new metrics that can be reused and applied to any site/software development project including development of self-service solutions in order to deliver performance, availability and security.
- Working with the project management and developer teams to ensure that workflow, process and security remain at the forefront of deployments while remaining within project parameters (function, time & cost).
- Carry out risk assessment and escalate problems to the Technical Development Manager and Digital Ops Director as early as possible.
- Managing relationships with technology/infrastructure external suppliers and responding in a consultative manner.
- Work collaboratively, building relationships within teams across the wider business.
- Working calmly under pressure to tight deadlines whilst retaining strong attention to detail.
- Representing Digital Ops interests at an organisational level AND with external suppliers, clients and contributors.
- Monitoring developers, external suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure guidelines, standards, security and specifications are maintained.
- Promote the internal Digital Ops throughout the business as a best in class agency resource.
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Excellent attention to detail specifically around security and performance.
- Organisational and presentation skills and the ability to plan from scope to live.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Ability to communicate ideas to enable stakeholder approval resulting in project delivery meeting agreed expectations.