This role is responsible for delivering delegate sales across the portfolio of Xeim events including the leading B2B Festival of Marketing. Through market research and a passion for sales the ideal candidate will be able to help achieve year on year growth across a diverse mix of events.
- Delivery of sales revenue as targeted for each event by meeting KPIs of 1.5 hours of call time per day.
- Liaise with conference production teams to have the latest topics and market intelligence to create winning pitches that relate to the target audience.
- Work with marketing to obtain leads and check that appropriate data is available to support the campaign.
- Research your own prospects through LinkedIn and other online channels to build a comprehensive ‘universe’ for each event.
- Build relationships within the market and demonstrate attempts to cross-sell, upsell and build referrals from your sales leads
- Ensure accurate and timely detailed sales reporting, including delegate feedback, forecasting on revenue and acquisition targets – which can be shared frequently with project teams
BEHAVIOURS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, with experience of calling senior level executives, preferably within conferences or events, or as a minimum in B2B
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sales environment with a proven track record to consistently achieve targets
- A quick learner with intellectual curiosity and who can understand different markets and subject matter quickly
- An understanding why senior level executives attend events and able to convey this effectively to confirm bookings
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as keep accurate records
- A team player who can work across matrix organisations