JOB TITLE: Delegate Sales Executive
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: XEIM Events
Our marketing portfolio, Xeim, includes the brands Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, MarketMakers, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence.
Through these marketing leading brands, we engage the marketing industry with over 7 million touchpoints per month across proprietary editorial content, digital products, insight and analysis. We know that by advising, informing and connecting the modern marketer with these disciplines, excellence in marketing and business performance will be enhanced.
Throughout the year we have a busy calendar of live and digital events including The Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy Live and the Design Week Awards. Each year these first class events are a sell out success and with your help we hope to continue to be a leader in the field.
How you will help us grow…..
We are looking for a dynamic, commercially savvy and committed Delegate Sales Executive to join our team. Someone with knowledge of the marketing and media landscape, and with proven experience of delegate sales. Someone with a natural flair for building relationships and the drive to smash targets.
Most of all you’ll have a ‘can do’ attitude and want to be a key player within our growing team!
Who will guide me….?
Our Head of Delegate Sales will be on hand to train and guide you through the role. You’ll also be part of a strong sales team across XEIM and utilise each other’s skills and knowledge on a daily basis.
A day in the life of….
- You’ll deliver sales revenue as targeted for each event by meeting KPIs of 1.5 hours of call time per day.
- Personalisation of sales pitches is key! You’ll therefore liaise with the conference production teams to have the latest topics and market intelligence to create winning pitches that relate to the target audience.
- We work as a team, that’s why you’ll work with marketing to obtain leads and check that appropriate data is available to support the campaign.
- You’ll take time to research your own prospects through LinkedIn and other online channels to build a comprehensive ‘universe’ for each event.
- You’ll build relationships within the market and demonstrate attempts to cross-sell, upsell and build referrals from your sales leads
- It’s important that you keep on top of admin. You’ll ensure accurate and timely detailed sales reporting, including delegate feedback, forecasting on revenue and acquisition targets – which can be shared frequently with project teams
What we need you to have….
- You’ll be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, with experience of calling senior level executives, preferably within conferences or events, or as a minimum in B2B
- You’ll have experience of working in a fast-paced sales environment with a proven track record to consistently achieve targets
- You’ll be a quick learner with intellectual curiosity and who can understand different markets and subject matter quickly
- You’ll understand why senior level executives attend events and able to convey this effectively to confirm bookings
- You’ll be able to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as keep accurate records
- You’ll be team player who can work across matrix organizations
Our teams will say you’re….
- Confident when communicating both internally and externally
- A key player in the business and take great pride in your work and the business
- A stickler for detail
- Super focused on achieving your goals