Purpose of Role
The Data Executive performs a key role within the Data team, gaining exposure to a number of analytical systems and valuable experience in the mechanics of what makes a digital-first business operate. This is an excellent opportunity for any new graduate to establish themselves within a transforming industry and learn in-demand core skills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting Centaur’s commercial, marketing, content and technical teams – across both project work and ad hoc requests for information – utilising a varied range of digital technologies. Looking into what makes our digital products successful, how to optimise performance and user experience, create data products for segmented marketing campaigns, and learn cutting edge industry tools and techniques that make this happen are just some of the opportunities available.
Key Accountabilities for the Successful Data Executive:
- Understanding how business models translate to analytical reports – creating and share this insight with the business in scheduled reporting
- Use web analytics, email marketing systems and audience databases to create responses to ad hoc data requests
- Assist in the definition of marketing segmentation plans and create the data sets to underpin them
- Work across all reporting aspects from dashboard design to in-depth insight reports
- Being interested and enthusiastic and represent the team across the business
Key Skills & Knowledge:
We know a lot of the technologies may be specialist, and the applicant will learn them as they progress, so we are ideally looking for:
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel.
- Excellent level of numeracy and an active interest in data, analysis and statistics
- Desire to learn and take an active role in expanding your knowledge
- Enjoys tackling challenging and sometimes unstructured problems, using a variety of skills and tools
- An interest in digital products – websites, social media, mobile – even AI or IoT
- Some experience of interrogating databases would be an advantage.
- Some experience of using web analytics systems such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or Webtrends would be an advantage