With a team of approximately 500, Centaur is located in Fitzrovia in the vibrant heart of London’s West End although we also have offices in New York and Singapore.
Centaur creates expert content and insight, engaging events and smart digital technology. From our digital media and iconic print brands to our award-winning events and cutting-edge data products, we enable and inspire the very best performance in a range of selected markets. We create products and services that make content valuable, combining the deepest knowledge with the best user experience.
With industry leading brands, an impressive 35-year history and a relentless focus on our customers, people and in-house creativity, it’s an exciting time to join Centaur Media.
Our values as a business are clearly defined: creative, ambitious, collaborative and expert. If that sounds like you, then we think you’ll fit right in!
Taxbriefs is a division of Centaur that provides personalised marketing and communication material across two markets – for financial advisers and accountants. We have a 40-year proven track record of helping professional advice firms deliver imaginative, topical multi-platform content to make the most of their communications strategy.
Purpose of Role
A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Content Editor to join one of the UK’s leading providers of marketing and communication material to financial services professionals.
The role of Content Editor is focused around the editorial management, development and delivery of content across our client communications portfolio. The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring that all products provide attractive and effective marketing communication that are well-written and engaging, technically accurate and relevant. The jobholder should have an understanding of the wider financial services market and its concerns, and the desire and confidence to learn more. A strong editorial background will help underpin the coordination and management of a range of products in accordance with established processes, house styles, schedules, budgets and quality requirements.
Key Accountabilities for the Successful (Job Title):
- Content: Planning and commissioning strong, up-to-date copy suitable for the audiences across the products including quarterly newsletters, guides and reports. Ensuring publication to schedule and to standard. Providing overall editorial control maintaining quality and accuracy. Comfortable sub-editing the content, working with layouts and in checking the technical and written quality and clarity of the text.
- Product quality: Ensuring all client marketing publications deliver relevant, accurate and readable content for the end user to the highest standard. Overseeing regular reviews and feedback at each product cycle.
- Scheduling and project management: Planning, coordinating and maintaining the production schedule from commissioning to dispatch for all the client marketing products, in conjunction with the Production Manager. Working closely with the Production team to ensure sign off policies and schedules are met.
- Relationship: Originating and maintaining good relationships with writers, technical experts and compliance departments, as well as working effectively in a team of in-house colleagues and freelancers.
- Layout, proofing and sign-off: Maintaining and improving the visual quality and integrity of the products as effective client communications. Preparing the text for layout, selecting appropriate photographs and briefing the typesetters.
- Additional service elements: Creating additional service elements around each product cycle, including editorial lists and marketing support packs for the final products, plus useful sales aides around different product sets.
- Social media: Helping to maintain Taxbriefs social channels across Twitter, Linked In and the company blog, including writing content pieces.
- Product development: Contributing and researching ideas for improvements to existing products or new products as the opportunity arises, with a focus on the commercial benefits of any new projects.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong editorial background in professional publishing.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience of managing multiple projects to schedule
- Knowledge of working with layouts and images
- Commissioning experience working with professional contributors
- Writing clear and concise copy
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Acrobat
- Commitment to accuracy, quality control and standards
- Knowledge of or interest in financial services
- Knowledge of CRM and/or online production systems
- Experience of writing for and managing social media channels/communications material
- Ability to research and assimilate information quickly
- Knowledge of Acrobat Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator etc)
- Creative lateral thinker
- Commitment to excellence
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Structural thinking
- Enthusiasm and curiosity