Oystercatchers is part of Xeim – Centaur Media’s marketing portfolio – and our stablemates include Marketing Week, Creative Review, Festival of Marketing, Influencer Intelligence, Econsultancy and Design Week.
Oystercatchers is one of the UK’s leading pitch intermediaries and marketing transformation companies. We advise senior marketers on agency models and partnerships, agile marketing transformation and are trusted to deliver industry leading, client specific solutions. Founded in 2006 Oystercatchers has been built on the belief in the transformative power of marketing, and a drive to help brands, agencies, and marketers accelerate their performance. We offer pitch, partnership and consultancy. Our clients include likes of McDonald’s, Macmillan, Moonpig, Ascot, L’Occitaine, Virgin Atlantic, Samsung, AXA and Formula 1.
One of our most compelling initiatives is our exclusive Oystercatchers Club. Created as an informal gathering where senior brand owners and agency chiefs could exchange and share thoughts in private, the Club has grown to become one of the UK’s most influential forums. c.200 senior business leaders join each of our evenings. Our debates attract inspirational panellists including senior marketers from leading brands and agencies. Topics include the role of creativity for commercial growth, brand purpose, how culture drives performance, as well as how best to attract and nurture talent.
We are searching for a new Oystercatchers Club and memberships executive for an exciting role to nurture and grow the Oystercatchers Club, to ensure we continue to offer great value as well as a brilliant, engaging experience for our members. The role would suit someone who is passionate about the advertising, creativity and the marketing industry.
Purpose of role
To grow, support and build a strong and engaged Oystercatchers Club community through effective member comms, a smooth and efficient renewals process and strong member relationships, building reputation and revenue for Oystercatchers whilst ensuring members receive outstanding value for money
Oystercatchers Club Membership:
- Identify and on-board new agency members with a premium, engaging member journey, from pipeline (invitation to join) to enrollment (welcome pack) and renewal (year review and invoice)
- Track renewals journey and ensure clear comms and smooth renewals process for member agencies.
- Ensure up to date renewals and invoicing with regular reports to Marketing Director and work closely with finance to ensure all renewals and invoicing are up to date at all times.
- Oversee the overall Oystercatchers agency contact strategy
- Management of the agencies visits calendar and ensure an up to date record is maintained in the CRM
- Innovate new ways of engaging agency members and defend against attrition: no less than 10% attrition per year, and ensure Club member agencies attend at least three events over the year.
- Identify new member agencies which fit the Club criteria, with an objective of increasing membership
- Manage incoming Club enquiries and respond with appropriate information
- Keep Club credentials up to date, and demonstrate Oystercatchers Club member knowledge at all times (both our clients and agency members and the key people within them) to ensure our members feel loved at all times
- Own, manage and update the Oystercatchers Club database ensuring data clean, and member information is up to date and contacts correctly coded/tagged, GDPR compliant with opt in/out. Objective of no more than 5% bounce back from mailings at any time
- Champion the Oystercatchers database, ensuring it is used 100% across the entire company and everyone is trained.
- Provide proactive training to all new starters & support to existing OYS team when needed.
- Expected use includes: All of OYS inputting their own contacts and new business conversations are tracked. All new business and Club agency meetings are tracked and all meetings have an update on the company page of the CRM
- Ensure that the Club events/event content is properly represented and updated on the website
- Support Senior Marketing Exec with delivery of Club campaigns
- Liaise with Senior Marketing Exec on Club comms schedule
- Supply Senior marketing exec with accurate data for email campaigns
- Support the events team in delivering Oystercatchers Club events
- Represent the business to clients and agency members at Club events
- Manage Club event feedback
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Excellent communication skills- written and oral. Writing email copy is part of this role.
- Commercial acumen
- Organised and process driven
- Attention to detail
- Experience of membership/loyalty/community schemes desirable
- Knowledge of marketing and agency community landscape
- Marketing experience a bonus but not a must
- Demonstrate initiative to problem solve and future plan for the Club and our membership
- Demonstrate proactivity to ensure all deadlines are met, are always one step ahead and moving forward
- Be known for can-do/will-do attitude: no ask too small
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Enjoyment in creating and growing trusted relationships
- A curious mind: embrace new ideas and opportunities to learn
- Superb organisation skills and flexibility
- Identify and communicate what needs to be achieved to deliver success.
- Be the most confident Oystercatcher at the Club: Grow our brand through your confidence & ease in building relationships with our members before, during and after events.