The Lawyer is the market leading media brand for commercial lawyers and in-house counsel, both in the UK and globally. With unrivaled audience in print, digital and events, The Lawyer marketing solutions team provides its clients with highly relevant and effective channels to engage their target markets.
The Lawyer was recently awarded the PPA Business Media Brand of the Year 2017 plus the Centaur Media brand of the year 2018 and 2019, so this is a great opportunity for any potential applicant to work on one of the premier brands in B2B Media.
Our values as a business are clearly defined: creative, ambitious, collaborative and expert. If that sounds like you, then we think you’ll fit right in!
Purpose of Role
The job holder is responsible for the delivery of business development revenues from suppliers and international law firms. The marketing solutions portfolio provides cross-media services primarily across events, digital, print, and research so is ideally suited to someone who is used to portfolio selling. The role will require the individual to work closely with the internal production, content and marketing departments with emphasis on conducting dual calls wherever possible to deliver revenues across our growing portfolio.
Key areas of focus on The Lawyer are the continued growth of our digital advertising channels, sponsorship revenues around our structured conference programme and the delivery of high value bespoke research projects. The BDM will play a central role in the delivery of these revenues.
The role will suit an entrepreneurial sales person with 2 years successful selling experience who is looking for the next step in their career.
Key Accountabilities for the Successful :
- Developing relationships using a consultative approach and pitch integrated marketing solutions from the portfolio to existing and new clients.
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of the commercial strategy for clients operating within the legal market in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- Ensure maximum revenue generation and maximum yield through price management, with the aim of exceeding budgets and forecasted revenues
- Contribute to new product development initiatives aimed at generating growth from new, audience appropriate, revenue sources
- Monitor competitor publications, websites and events to seek and convert leads. Also monitor new clients and industry developments for potential leads for conversion
- Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities
- Attend industry events as and when needed, this may include overseas events
- Attend regular meetings with central support departments including those for commercial development, events and digital development.
- Adherence to the Centaur sales excellence programme including 90 minutes of client contact time per day
- Keeping a log of all client facing activity and maintaining an accurate pipeline of associated business opportunities in Salesforce.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
BEHAVIORS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate general business awareness, develop in-depth industry knowledge and strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, that includes ensuring information and data is shared across the legal portfolio
- Ability to work on own initiative and offer a pro-active problem-solving approach
- Ability to work in a team environment collaboratively with other business functions to agree deliverables and align resources to business plans
- Ability to organise self to work efficiently and manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Ability to facilitate achievement against objectives
- Decisive approach to problem solving and an emphasis on high impact delivery
- Overall uplift in Business Development revenues for your assigned client base, demonstrating a mix of new product development, sales and enhanced revenue generation on existing products
- Achievement of personal and team revenue targets as agreed with the Commercial Director
- Implementation of audience centric and platform neutral approach for market sector
- Highly motivated and goal orientated
- Excellent objection handling and closing skills
- Organised / good time and account management
- Adaptable / flexible / creative
What we can offer you:
- A varied workload with products that engage clients and address every element of the marketing mix
- Exposure to a market which is undergoing rapid change with potential to partner with well-known B2B brands
- Ongoing structured and on the job training / development
- Working on an award-winning brand which is positioned at the heart of the sector and will help you to become a trusted sales adviser