JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: The Lawyer
About The Lawyer…
The Lawyer was established 30 years ago to provide the latest news, analysis and business intelligence to lawyers working in private practice, in-house legal departments and The Bar. Since then The Lawyer has become a multi-faceted global print and digital brand with numerous events every year. The Lawyer brand is recognised for its forward-looking content, senior audience and market-leading data products, and we are delighted to be the PPA’s Business Information Product of the Year 2020.
The Lawyer recruitment team provides its clients with highly relevant and effective channels to engage with target candidates.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
Due to internal promotion, a fantastic opportunity is available at entry level for a salesperson to join one of the UK’s leading B2B information providers.
The successful candidate will sell recruitment advertising solutions to a dedicated client base of Legal companies and recruitment consultancies via the phone. The role is split 65% new business and 35% of existing account management (renewals & upsells) in order to maintain The Lawyer brands dominant position as a market leader in its community.
A Day In The Life Of…
- Selling across a portfolio of products including recruitment advertising online and brand extensions like The Lawyer Awards and Conferences.
- Presenting to key decision makers over the phone at marketing agencies, high spending recruitment consultancies and advertising agencies (and other relevant clients).
- Ensuring maximum revenue at maximum yield is achieved.
- Cross Selling and up-selling additional online options.
- Maintaining all records on the Salesforce database ensuring that all individual, company details and sales pipelines are correct and up to date.
- Ensuring signed order confirmations are received before jobs are published.
- Negotiating with customers and media agencies.
- Researching and canvassing for new business.
- Identifying sales opportunities and effectively presenting key features.
- Monitor competitor publications and websites to seek and convert leads. Also monitor new clients and industry developments for lead conversion.
- Effective time management of weekly bookings and monthly credit contracts.
- Working to agreed targets and effective communication of revenue booked to ensure up to date revenue records.
- Adherence to the Centaur Sales Excellence Programme including 90 minutes of client contact time per day.
What We Need You To Have…
Relationship Management Skills
- Deliver Maximum revenues from new and existing clients while offering an excellent client service.
- Generating new contacts/business to raise the profile of the brand, and to generate new revenue sources.
- Maintaining and building client relationships.
- Attend industry events and awards when possible to do so.
- Good grasp of modern sales process, using data and insight to drive sales
- Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products.
- Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
- Researching company activities, divisions, locations, size of clients and recruitment activity.
- Contacting key decision makers and developing an understanding of their business.
- Developing relationships with existing clients and new contacts.
- Preparing templates for email proposals.
- Communicating regularly with management regarding prospective business and objectives planned for agencies / clients
- Ability to work remotely
Success will be…
- Overall uplift in recruitment revenues for your assigned client base, demonstrating a mix of new product development, sales and enhanced revenue generation on existing products
- Achievement of personal and team revenue targets as agreed with the Commercial Director.