How you will help us grow….
Oystercatchers is an industry-leading Intermediary and Consultancy advising senior marketers on agency search and selection and marketing transformation. We specialise in helping Clients and Agencies get the most out of their relationships to accelerate marketing performance. Our offer includes Agency Search & Selection, Agency relationship management and development of Agency Models for Brands and Brand Marketers, as well as Commercial reviews.
We also run The Oystercatchers Club. A dynamic community of senior leaders from brands and agencies to connect, discuss and share knowledge of the industry.
We are looking for a dynamic, commercially savvy and committed Business Development Manager to join our team. Someone with experience and knowledge of the marketing agency landscape and with an understanding of new business development. Someone with a natural flair for building relationships and who can translate these into mutually beneficial commercial opportunities.
You will nurture and develop The Oystercatchers Club – our community of senior marketing and agency leaders to grow agency membership and client participation, and build new business opportunities to support Oystercatchers revenue and reputation.
Most of all you’ll have a ‘can do’ attitude and want to be a key player within our passionate team!
Who will guide me….?
Our experienced and knowledgeable Managing Partner and all your colleagues within Oystercatchers.
A day in the life of….
- You will identify and develop contact strategies for Client prospects alongside our Managing Partner and Client Director using your knowledge of the agency and marketing landscape
- As well as focusing on new client opportunities you will help develop themes and content for our Oystercatchers Club that inspire senior marketing and agency leaders to participate and attend
- You will be responsible for ensuring that Senior Marketing Leaders from across the industry attend our club events and become part of the Oystercatchers community
- The Oystercatchers Club is an integral part of the business, you’ll make sure we retain and renew membership of existing agencies
- You will make sure our agency members are kept up to date and feel loved by prioritising visits and follow-up meetings with agencies
- You will be a natural communicator building solid relationships that keep our members engaged with the brand
- You will be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to the world of agencies and take identifying, acquiring and on-boarding new agency members to the club in your stride
- You will know how to develop a premium and engaging member journey, from pipeline to enrolment and renewal. As someone with a creative flair you’ll work alongside our design and marketing teams to come up with marketing collateral that shows off the premium Oystercatchers brand
- You will be super organised and ensure all renewals are up to date and correctly invoiced with regular reports to the Managing Partner
- You won’t be afraid of admin and will ensure all visits and meetings are logged in Salesforce and POs are tracked on Agresso
- You will be a natural at networking both externally but also internally with the wider XEIM team. You will regularly liaise and co-ordinate with the XEIM Marketing Team on lead generation and utilise the valuable insight they provide
- We have an amazing Events team who bring our events to life. It will be your job to ensure they get a detailed brief and understand our objectives and requirements. You will liaise with them on a regular basis to ensure we deliver exceptional events to the highest quality
What we need you to have….
Experience you will need
- You have experience in client facing roles within an agency environment. Preferably with specific new business experience
- You know how to spot commercial opportunities and be confident in your ability to convert leads
- You have lots of experience communicating with external stakeholders and know how to build trusting relationships
- You are an expert at developing compelling content, presenting on Microsoft PowerPoint and reporting on Microsoft Excel
- You will have used a CRM system, ideally Salesforce and understand the importance of maintaining accurate records
You will know how to
- Not just do what is asked but determine what is needed and go beyond that! You are a self-starter, you’ll crack on and we’ll love you for that!
- Get stuck in. No job is too small for you, you will approach every task with positivity and enthusiasm
- Be agile and flexible – the nature of our business is that things will change quickly so we need you to be agile too
- Analyse and approach problems in a positive and strategic manner in order to get them resolved quickly
- Be versatile, although you keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time, you manage it well and meet your commitments to the team
Our teams will say you’re
- Confident when communicating both internally and externally
- A key player in the business and take great pride in your work and the business
- A stickler for detail
- Super organised and are always one step ahead