JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
LOCATION: London, Waterloo (Flexible Working Options)
BRAND: Marketing Week Mini MBA
How you will help us grow….
The highly successful MW Mini MBA courses in Marketing and Brand Management are CPD accredited, MBA level digital courses. The courses cover the same content and theories as traditional MBA marketing programmes taught at international business schools. The courses are curated and led by industry-leading Professor Mark Ritson and are based on twenty years of teaching MBA students in the industry and a consulting career working on some of the world’s most successful brands.
The successful applicant will be working within a small team, consisting of the Head of Sales, a Business Development Manager, four marketers and Mark Ritson.
They will work very closely with the team, supporting the Head of Sales and be responsible for maximising revenues from existing clients, as well as generating new business opportunities from quality leads driven by the marketing team.
They will need the ability to consistently build effective relationships with decision makers, to uncover and understand their L&D needs, and communicate the Mini MBA’s strengths in developing marketing knowledge for both individuals and large corporate teams.
They will be invited to come up with new initiatives to drive revenues, and will be supported in delivering these by the team.
Who will guide me….?
The Head of Sales as well as the wider Mini MBA team.
A day in the life of….
- You’ll grow and retain existing clients by developing trusted relationships, gaining a thorough understanding of client objectives and presenting new solutions
- You’ll identify, initiate and close business amongst new business targets
- You’ll collaborate with other internal departments
- You’ll research and keep up to date on marketing trends as well as competitor activity in order to identify opportunities and develop the MiniMBAs unique selling proposition
- You won’t be afraid of admin and will ensure all Salesforce data is accurate for reporting and management purposes
What we need you to have….
Experience You’ll Need…
- A consultative and mature sales-skill set.
- Be comfortable and able to deliver when working under pressure.
- The ability to learn quickly with the confidence to engage with clients immediately.
- Comfortable with developing and cultivating conversations up to C-Suite level.
- Familiarity with building and negotiating high-value sales propositions.
- Ability to nurture ongoing effective and profitable relationships with contacts.
- Contacting core clients, contacts and leads on a regular basis.
- Be able to articulate the USP’s and benefits of the Mini MBA & Mini MBA in Brand Management courses to the target market
- Time management: There are currently 2 Mini MBA courses and 2 Brand Management courses each year. You will need to be able to manage, develop, report and grow your pipelines throughout the year to meet and exceed targets.
- You will be joining a small, highly motivated and successful team: A great personality, team mentality, honesty and personal drive are extremely important.
Sales Success Will Be…
- Ensuring agreed sales targets for Mini MBA courses and associated brand extensions are exceeded.
- Delivering client base growth, both in the number of clients that we are working with and revenue.
- Up-selling/cross-selling other products within the XEIM portfolio where possible.