This position sits within the Econsultancy new business subscription sales team. The post holder will be tasked with growing revenues from new and lapsed clients in the EMEA region. However, in order to create the best customer experiences, the post holder must be flexible to cross-sell across our product suite, including our capability and advisory training products.
The Econsultancy subscription is an online resource providing trends, data, insight, training, inspiration, case studies and ‘how to guides’ for brands and agencies to achieve digital excellence.
Econsultancy is a subsidiary of Centaur Media – a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in offices in Central London, New York and Singapore. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
Brands, Technology Vendors and Media Agencies are significantly increasing their investments in Digital and Econsultancy is ideally placed to capture the revenue opportunities arising in this fast moving sector.
The Business Development Executive will be focused on primarily outbound, with some inbound, sales to our enterprise and SME level target prospects. For example, the sectors this person will target could be FMCG or pharmaceuticals. The successful candidate will be responsible for securing large group subscription agreements, individual user licenses, as well as cross selling our suite of training products.
As a whole we are a vibrant, high performing team working within a fast-paced environment. This job is suited to someone who thrives on being busy, is well organised and can build rapport with clients. The ideal candidate will be able to use their initiative and take a pro-active approach in driving growth within their portfolio of prospects.
•To outbound prospects for business in order to close sales and therefore exploit currently untapped opportunities
•To use the target hit lists provided to prioritise outbound effort
•Work with Marketing to support a pipeline of incoming enquiries
•Work through our existing database of leads whilst building a self-generated pipeline of new prospects
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the brand, agency and tech vendor landscape
- Commitment to using the Econsultancy subscription and other sources to stay up to speed with the digital trends and subsequent challenges / opportunities facing your prospective client base
- Proficient in new business development, able to use a consultative sales approach to win new subscription clients
- Consistently closing business and accurately forecasting sales
- Opening new sales opportunities through a range of prospecting work including networking at events, working in conjunction with marketing and cold calling
- Ensuring maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation
- Arranging and presenting at regular client meetings
- Personal new business sales from previously unexploited prospects
- Performance against targets revenue and the number of new clients brought onboard and average yields
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets and performance against agreed KPIs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in B2B sales role preferably in the business information, insight & subscriptions based space
- Outstanding conversation skills, commercial aware and adept at uncovering prospects’ business challenges
- Interest in all things digital
- Competitive, a winner and keen to develop into an outstanding sale professional
- Motivatied to work independently and closely with colleagues
- Proven track record of meeting sales and activity targets
- Ideally an understanding of the marketing and ecommerce functions within brands (and also preferably tech vendors & agencies) and the way digital changes are affecting them
Econsultancy will continue to evolve the structure of the sales team and the responsibilities of the individuals within it to create first class customer experiences and drive revenue. The post holder must be flexible to change in product lines and responsibilities.