Brands, Technology Vendors and Media Agencies are significantly increasing their investments in Digital, and Econsultancy is ideally placed to capture the revenue opportunities arising in this fast moving sector.
The Econsultancy subscription is an online resource providing trends, data, insight, training, inspiration, case studies and ‘how to guides’ for brands and agencies to achieve digital excellence. We deliver excellence in modern marketing through knowledge, skills & mindset.
The Business Development Manager will be focused on outbound and inbound sales to our enterprise level target prospects. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on large group subscription agreements, as well as cross selling our suite of training products.
- To outbound prospect for business in order to close sales and therefore exploit currently untapped opportunities
- To use the target hit lists provided to prioritise outbound effort
- Work with Marketing to support a pipeline of incoming enquiries
- To respond to inbound enquiries in a timely, accurate way and bring in maximum revenues, promptly
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the brand, agency and tech vendor landscape
- Commitment to using the Econsultancy subscription and other sources to stay up to speed with the digital trends and subsequent challenges / opportunities facing your prospective client base
- Proficient in new business development
- Developing relationships with key target prospects and, through a consultative sales approach, winning new subscription clients
- Consistently closing business and accurately forecasting sales
- Opening new sales opportunities through a range of prospecting work including networking at events, working in conjunction with marketing and cold calling
- Ensuring maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation
- Arranging and presenting at regular client meetings
- Personal new business sales from previously unexploited prospects
- Performance against team targets and average yields
- Longevity of accounts and likelihood of their renewal
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong track record in B2B sales role preferably business information or subscriptions based
- Outstanding conversation skills, commercial acumen and adept at uncovering prospects’ business challenges
- Interest in all things digital
- Entrepreneurial with a problem solving mentality and positive attitude
- Motivation to work independently and closely with colleagues
- Minimum 5-year business to business sales experience
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in a consultative sales environment
- An understanding of the marketing and eCommerce functions within brands (and also preferably tech vendors & agencies) and the way digital changes are affecting them
Econsultancy will continue to evolve the structure of the sales team and the responsibilities of the individuals within it to create first class customer experiences and drive revenue. The post holder must be flexible to change in product lines and responsibilities.