Category: Sales and Commercial
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in the Central London office. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance.
As the largest global event dedicated to brand marketers, the Festival of Marketing (FOM) reflects the very nature of marketing – seamlessly blending inspiration and practical application.
The job holder will focus on developing and maintaining a portfolio of client led partnerships with the aim of selling sponsorship and speaker opportunities across the Festival of Marketing
The job holder will be required to:
- Maximise revenues from existing, new and lapsed clients
- Identify and source new business opportunities
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with existing, new and lapsed clients and internal departments
- Demonstrate sufficient effective output to cover your client base (arranging meetings, account managing, working to get new business etc.) – to equate to a pre-determined number of positive conversations each week/month/quarter as agreed with your direct line manager.
- Put a strategy in place to ensure effective coverage of your sectors. You will identify all the major accounts, and know where, why and how they market themselves. You are expected to deliver a high standard of key account management at all times.
- Strive for new and innovative ways to gain money and share, and have a creative & problem solving approach to your work.
- Compile a fantastic, impact, dynamic and engaging presentation/s for meetings. You will keep this up to date, and develop this over time. You will possibly need to tweak these for each sector, which can be easily amended and adapted for each client.
- Demonstrate the ability to build rapport with senior industry contacts; adept at networking and socialise productively; and able to relate to others at all levels both internally and externally
- Build relationships with key customers at all levels, understand their needs and build solutions that meet with their business goals.
- Attend industry events as and when relevant – these may be in the day or in the evening.
- Represent the Festival of Marketing brand at all times, and have strong product knowledge. You will have sensible, knowledgeable and industry-based conversations with your clients, and also gain an insight into the industry from your clients.
- Work closely with all relevant editorial, research, marketing and commercial teams, sharing contact information with all relevant parties to build both knowledge and skill sets
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Strong work ethic with a positive outlook and high standards
- Ability to keep a consistently high level of sales output
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Lead by example and set high standards for the rest of the team. You will thrive on ‘leading from the front’, and will see this as an important part of your role.
- You will be professional at all times (i.e. behaviour, appearance etc.) and understand this reflects how you represent your team and company.
- You will be tenacious and driven, and will always be striving for ways to get in front of clients to pitch our products.