For the past 30 years, The Lawyer has led the way in providing cutting-edge editorial commentary and incisive analysis to the UK legal market. Our portfolio of data-rich products equip industry leaders with the actionable insight they need to make business-transforming decisions, anticipate new challenges and take advantage of new opportunities.
The Lawyer’s portfolio of legal conferences, summits, bespoke roundtables and awards attract over 2,000 senior lawyers annually from private practice, chambers and in-house teams and are widely considered must-attend events amongst the top echelons of the industry.
Your primary role as an Attendee Sales Executive will be to secure senior level audiences for a programme of conferences and awards within the legal market, targeting both in-house lawyers and private practice lawyers. You will work with the Conference Production and Operations teams to understand the event and target market and build the value proposition to successfully drive bookings. You will be responsible for following up on warm leads, closing sales, maintaining price yield and driving group bookings. Relationship building and strong communication skills are critical for this position, as well as proven sales experience and the delivery of targets.
- Delivery of sales revenue as targeted for each event (some are paid tickets/entries and some are free tickets/entries)
- Complete a minimum of 60 dials a day with 1.5 hours of talk time
- Follow-up with sales prospects over email to keep prospects warm
- Maintain a pipeline and record thorough feedback on reasons for declines
- Develop the value proposition and sales pitch for the event
- Work with marketing, production and editorial to obtain leads
- Research additional prospects through LinkedIn and other online channels to build a comprehensive ‘universe’ for each event
- Liaise with editorial/content production teams to have the latest programme and information available to sell to target attendees
- Build understanding of the market, understand key trends and language to support your sales conversations
- Build relationships within the market and demonstrate attempts to cross-sell, upsell and build referrals from your sales leads
- Work with sponsorship to pass over leads where appropriate, where there is an identified upsell opportunity
- Participate as part of the Project Team working on specific events and provide market feedback and make suggestions for improvements to event tactics and delivery
- Represent Centaur Media brands at all times, through both verbal and written communication
- Complete administrative tasks in a concise and timely manner
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, with experience of calling senior level executives, preferably in a conferences or events, or as a minimum in B2B
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sales environment with a proven track record to consistently achieve targets
- A quick learner with intellectual curiosity who is able to understand different markets and subject matter quickly
- An understanding why senior level executives attend events and able to convey this effectively to confirm bookings
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as keep accurate records
- A team player who can work across matrix organisations
- Proven ability to generate leads and convert bookings
- Proven ability to build relationships at senior levels
- Proven track record in achieving targets
- Open to new graduates looking for their first sales opportunity.
- You’ll be joining an established events team, who work superbly with each other and available to assist you in being successful.
- Centaur Media is based in WeWork’s Waterloo office, which offers a range of great perks from free coffee and beer to an amazing south bank location.
- Centaur provides sales training and as part of a small team, your manager is available for on the job training.
- A sales progression plan in place. We can take you up the sales ladder via opportunities to move into marketing solutions or content subscription sales.
- Engross yourself in the legal market, sitting alongside the editorial team and working with leaders in the field.