JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Supervisor
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: Centaur Media plc
About the company…
Centaur Media is an international provider of market intelligence and specialist consultancy that inspires and enables people to excel at what they do within the legal and marketing professions. Its award-winning brands include The Lawyer, Marketing Week, Econsultancy, Influencer Intelligence, Design Week and Creative Review.
Our range of products and services offer customers business intelligence and expertise, consultancy, training, lead generation and events. These are all based on Centaur Media’s heritage, reputation and track record of providing essential content.
Centaur is listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange, with offices in London and New York. It has approximately 250 employees and its head office is situated in WeWork’s flagship European office on London’s South Bank.
About the role…
As the Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will be responsible for the end to end Accounts Payable function. The role reports to the Accounts Payable Manager and you will work in liaison with the Management Accounting and Treasury teams as well as supporting the wider business. The position is focused on processing the daily transactional workload in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring compliance of key controls, prompt supplier payments and timely resolution of supplier queries.
The role is likely to involve a mixture of office and home-based working.
Who will guide me….?
Our Financial Reporting Manager will support you in your role as well as the wider Finance Team.
A day in the life of….
- Daily processing of invoices in an accurate and timely manner in line with Centaur processes and policies for the UK and US.
- Preparation of weekly and ad hoc supplier payments by BACS and same day payments across multiple banking platforms (including RBS, HSBC) in multiple currencies.
- Preparation and processing of monthly expense payment runs via RBS including subsequent posting of expense journals to the P&L once approved.
- Processing new supplier request forms and amendments to existing suppliers in line with Centaur policies to ensure supplier data is up to date and within the correct legal entity.
- Daily monitoring of Accounts Payable mailboxes – inclusive of invoices, queries and expenses ensuring prompt resolution of internal and external queries.
- Preparation and distribution of weekly Invoice Workflow report, to Business, Directors and wider Finance to facilitate timely processing of POs across the business.
- Ad hoc and monthly statement reconciliations for top suppliers by volume and value.
- Assist with month end close procedures, inclusive of Workflow (the authorisation process within the accounting system), processing department card journals, reporting and resolution of aged creditors and debit balances.
- Providing guidance to the business in relation to accounts payable processes and maintaining up to date training manuals.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Manager with process improvements.
- Ad hoc tasks as requested.
What we need you to have….
- Proactive mindset and self-motivated;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Keen to develop accounting knowledge;
- A team-oriented person who can communicate with and support others in finance;
- Previous accounts payable experience;
- Ability to clearly think about accounts payable processes and how transactions flow into the finance system; and
- Intermediate level Excel.
- Agresso or similar accounting package experience; and
- Knowledge of banking systems (such as RBS, HSBC).
Success in the Role is…
- Index and register supplier invoices received daily;
- Accurate and timely processing of new supplier requests, supplier amendments, invoices, expenses and supplier payments;
- Promptly responding to business queries and adherence to month end deadlines;
- Ongoing reduction in aged creditor and debit balances;
- Gaining familiarity of Agresso and other systems/processes in first month; and
- Ability to highlight and escalate issues identified to the Accounts Payable Manager to prevent unresolved items becoming aged.