Oystercatchers is an industry-leading management consultancy who specialise in accelerating marketing performance. We are a company immersed in both the agency and brand worlds and are passionate about both. We work with some of the world’s largest brands and some of the most creative agencies, with both sides rightly having high expectations of our level of understanding of each of their businesses and genuine sensitivity to their craft and brilliance in creativity.
Personality and attitude are paramount – we are looking for a team player who is smart, creative and nice, and hits the ground running from day one. Enthusiasm for the Marketing, Advertising and Media industry is essential.
In 2017, Oystercatchers was bought by Centaur, one of Britain’s most inspiring and innovative business information and insight companies. Centaur is headquartered in London and has 600 people with operations in the US and Asia. Its portfolio of influential businesses are anchored in digital technologies, expert content and insight, and engaging events. The companies/brands within the Centaur network include – Econsultancy, Marketing Week, Creative Review, Design Week, Festival of Marketing, Masters of Marketing Award and Celebrity Intelligence.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• To ensure first class administrative support to our Project Management teams, enable client projects to run smoothly, on time and on budget. In parallel to support the smooth running of the office.
• The role will report into Rebecca Nunneley (Client Director).
• Provide support to the team on live and developing projects across Pitches and Consultancy
• Ensure outstanding operational discipline and attention to detail to implement and deliver projects on-time and on-budget every time
• Coordinate and prepare all meetings and take notes when required
• General administrative duties; preparing of documents, binding, data inputting, following up enquiries, typing up of notes for both yourself and the Project Management team
• Diary management
• Supporting the smooth running of the office
• Book travel and accommodation for clients and other Oystercatchers staff when required
• Supporting Oystercatchers Club events and other external and internal events
WHAT MAKES AN OYSTERCATCHER
As our next Oystercatcher…
You’ll be creative, smart and have a keen interest in the advertising / marketing industries. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team in a fun and dynamic environment. In addition, we are extremely fortunate that we are invited to a lot of events, talks and nights-out; and we are keen that you take advantage of these because our Oystercatchers love getting involved.
You’ll be calm under pressure.
The Oystercatchers team is made up of some big personalities. Our clients demand excellence and we work at a fast pace with a range of different brands and companies, demanding very different approaches. You will have a natural sense of urgency and demonstrate a commitment to respond quickly and get things done. You’ll also need to be adaptable, approachable and confident, but not arrogant, to do your job in the correct way.
You’ll get stuck in.
You will be asked to get stuck in to all sorts of projects and tasks as part of the team. Doing so with a smile on your face goes a long way.
You’re proactive and responsive
We’re an agile and nimble company, always learning and always changing. As a result there will be many opportunities to offer your point of view and directly impact the future of both our clients and ourselves. We expect you to always be learning, asking questions and seeking out new opportunities and solutions. You will have a natural ability to organise your own workload, as well as supporting others with theirs, and you will be prepared to prioritise and escalate important issues.
You’re ambitious and willing to learn.
You will be keen to impress all the time, and show a willingness to adapt to new processes and ways of working that improve your skills and capabilities, and will continue to add value to the project team and the Oystercatchers environment in general.