Centaur Media seeks a Reporter to cover financial and policy news in the alternative energy sector for its Clean Energy Pipeline news and financial data service ( cleanenergypipeline.com ).
Our news team requires an enthusiastic, diligent and hard-working news reporter with an interest in the financial and renewable energy sectors who wants to develop their skills in online journalism. You will cover M&A, VC/PE, funds, project and asset finance, public markets and policy.
The role would suit a recent graduate looking to break into journalism. Journalism training and/or relevant experience would be an advantage.
Clean Energy Pipeline is the leading independent source of news, data and analytics about the Clean Energy and renewables sector. Our news team delivers real-time business news and identifies the latest and most relevant regulatory and policy announcements, investment, M&A and project finance news, new funds and fund closes. This news is supplemented with opinion-pieces based on in-depth interviews with senior-level executives, advisers, investors and policy-makers.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Real-time online news coverage of deals (VC/PE, M&A, project/asset finance, funds and public markets), policy changes and market challenges facing the renewable energy sector;
- Interaction with industry figures at events;
- Close cooperation with the organisation’s research and data team to keep abreast of sector trends;
- A role in growing the publication’s database by writing company profiles and building an extensive book of contacts.
- Great attention to detail;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems;
- Strong organisational and time-management skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- An understanding of the financial sector;
- NCTJ or equivalent training.