Centaur Media is a leading UK-based business information, publishing and events group providing marketing and information solutions within high value professional and commercial market communities. This position is part of the Events department within the Operations team in Business Publishing.
Purpose of Role
The job holder is responsible for supporting the Event Manager in the planning and delivery of industry-leading awards ceremonies, judging processes, meetings, conferences, parties and bespoke events. A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task are essential in this role.
- Working alongside the Event Manager in the overall planning, execution and commercial viability of a variety of annual events on behalf of Centaur’s Publishing Directors
- Working on the production of dedicated Awards sites/web pages for each event, collaborating with the marketing and design teams, web specialists, and integrating Sitefinity/Eventsforce functionality as necessary
- Researching suitable venues, hosts/speakers and entertainment for events
- Working with the marketing and design teams to assist the implementation of the marketing campaign for each event, requiring a sound knowledge of associated processes
- Working with the Event Manager and the client to produce high quality event literature, including thorough checking of all copy e.g. entry brochures, booking forms, tickets, programmes etc
- Liaising with the production/AV supplier in pre-production and assisting with all aspects of the staging requirements for the event
- Liaising with event sponsors to ensure that their package is honoured and their logo reproduced to their satisfaction on all relevant promotional literature
- Dealing with incoming enquiries for events and corresponding with entrants, judges, table bookers and sponsors
- Ability to manage judging processes, especially ones which require the logging of physical material
- Attending meetings with clients and producing minutes for all meetings as necessary
- Ensuring all administration for the event is completed in a timely and accurate fashion, to include processing/cataloguing of entries and table/delegate bookings, ensuring all revenue for the event has been processed correctly, contracting and invoicing of sponsors, and co-ordination of judging, travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary
- Working with the Event Manager to negotiate with and contract suppliers (e.g. audio visual, florists, venues etc) including continued correspondence in the lead up to the event
- Co-ordinating the production of all event signage with the appropriate logos/messages etc
- Assisting the client in selecting menus, room layouts and table plans
- Booking local hostesses and briefing them accordingly
- On site event management - specific responsibilities are allocated by the Event Manager to include: overseeing the production team, briefing and liaison with hotel staff, co-ordination of sponsors, co-ordination of hostesses, ensuring table plans are correct and adhered to etc
- Taking on additional or specialist tasks/responsibilities under the direction of the Event Manager or Head of Events to aid the smooth running and development of the Department as a whole
- Ensuring compliance with data protection rules
- Resolving problems and escalating to Event Manager as necessary
- Sharing best practice across the events teams
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of 1 year experience of organising events
- Experience of managing and training people
- Proficient use of the latest version of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Experience with Eventsforce or Act!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree
Planning and organisation
Attention to detail
Ability to multi-task