Marketing Week is looking to hire a digital content producer who will be responsible for driving traffic to the site through social media and SEO, as well as producing videos, podcasts, infographics and interactive content and finding new ways to serve this content to our audience through digital platforms.
They must keep abreast of a changing media landscape to ensure Marketing Week is innovating in how it produces and promotes content, develop and maintain strong industry contacts, work to tight deadlines and represent Marketing Week at industry events.
- Working with the editorial team to create video and social content and find new ways of presenting articles that suit the needs of the Marketing Week audience.
- Building on and executing Marketing Week’s social media strategy to drive traffic and find new ways to reach and engage our audience.
- Recording and editing Marketing Week’s podcast and promoting it across digital channels.
- Working with the commercial and events team to promote our events, webinars, roundtables and content projects across social media.
- Researching social media trends and new technologies and assessing their suitability for Marketing Week.
- Using analytics to provide insight on the performance of articles, engagement and wider trends, tracking progress against agreed targets and creating a narrative for commercial partners.
- Looking for opportunities to resurface old content as and when relevant on social media, in newsletters and on the website.
- Sourcing and writing news stories, analysis and opinions as needed.
- Representing Marketing Week at conferences, roundtables and industry events, including outside normal working hours.
Behaviours and Knowledge
- An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery across different media including video and social media.
- Web production experience including WordPress, Photoshop and Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics including social media and SEO.
- Ability to produce accurate copy quickly and within deadline.
- A more engaged audience on social media as evidenced by comments, likes and shares of our content across channels.
- An increase in referrals and acquisitions to the Marketing Week site from social media.
- Increasing traffic on old content by finding ways to repackage it for new audiences.
- New and innovative ways to produce and promote content across digital channels including video and social media.
- A strong narrative for social media success that we can tell commercial partners.
- Editorial content that is sourced and presented to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere.