Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in offices in Central London and the Midlands. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
Working as a key member of the Digital Ops team, you will be responsible for the project management of development of specific portfolio projects or hub activity. Managing briefs, stakeholder involvement, development, testing and release of all projects. You will work alongside the Digital Ops Director and other members of the Project Management team to ensure all design and development work meets project briefs on specification as well as staying on budget and on time.
With a focus on process, deliverables and communication you should be passionate, driven and committed to the product roadmaps of each brand/portfolio.
You will be open-minded and proactive always forward-thinking and ahead of the curve with the projects development achieving a seamless transition for new functionality.
The ability to work under pressure – multi-tasking and managing varied workloads and prioritising accordingly is an integral part of this busy role.
- Managing the communication bridge between technical development and brand/portfolio teams.
- Gathering requirements from key stakeholders ensuring any agreed project specifications are understood, prioritised and well communicated ahead of design and build stages – including stakeholder presentations, creating and updating Project Initiation Documents (PIDs), managing Gantt charts and prioritising workloads/agendas.
- Working with the design/UX team, developer teams and other project/product managers to ensure that workflow, process and usability remain at the forefront of builds while remaining within project parameters (function, time & cost).
- Liaise with brand/portfolio teams assisting and managing workflow on any deliverables required for implementation.
- Where projects have been budgeted ensure that delivery is within estimated costs and communicate any variations at the earliest opportunity. Taking specific note of the differences between CAPEX and OPEX and raising with the correct financial lead where necessary.
- Run or take part in relevant developer/tech stand-ups as required.
- Carry out risk assessment and escalate problems to Digital Ops Director as early as possible.
- Ensure all aims of the project are met: on specification, on time and on budget – and clearly communicate otherwise.
- Training of portfolio/brand teams in use of any new technology or functionality.
- Managing relationships and taking ownership of any new technology or 3 rd Party platform until implementation is complete and moved into ‘business as usual’ stage.
- Representing Digital Ops interests at an organisational level AND with external suppliers, clients and contributors
- Promote the internal Digital Ops and Creative teams throughout the business as a best in class ‘agency’ resource.
- Work collaboratively, building relationships within teams across the wider business.
- Working calmly under pressure to tight deadlines whilst retaining strong attention to detail.
- Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines/standards and specifications are maintained
- Maintain “business as usual” issues across the business, managing developers within a timely manner
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Proven experience of managing the full implementation lifecycle of projects in a digital environment.
- First class understanding of technology, design/UX and brand strategy and how these come together in the project plan.
- Excellent attention to detail – specifically around requirements, testing and cost tracking.
- Organisational and presentation skills and the ability to plan from scope to live.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Ability to communicate ideas to enable stakeholder approval resulting in project delivery meeting agreed expectations.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Functionality is released within the project parameters of scope, budget and time.
- Communication of project development and release is perceived first class from stakeholders and digital teams, and expectations are met.
- Training of portfolio/brand teams resulting in positive adoption of technology/functionality.
- Transition of technology and implementation remains seamless to the audience/customer.
- Development tasks, functionality and infrastructure risks are mitigated.