Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in offices in Central London and the Midlands. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
Marketing Week Live is our flagship marketing exhibition, connecting buyers and suppliers through excellent content and an expertly curated exhibitor base. Covering every marketing discipline, the event offers a comprehensive learning experience for marketing executives and mid to senior marketing manager and directors, to improve their skills and capability, and invest in the latest martech solutions to propel their business’s forward.
The Insight Show is the UK’s leading market research event. Attracting a senior audience, the event has become the go to place for market insight, and with a big focus on international partners and visitors, the event has a big opportunity to grow over the next 2 years.
Across two days, the events facilitate peer to peer networking, social events and 1-2-1 appointments with attendees, industry experts and suppliers from across the UK to create new business relationships, to share knowledge and best practice.
The job holder is responsible for generating revenue for the show through the sale of stand space, speaker opportunities and sponsorship. This includes managing existing revenue streams and establishing new ones, specifically:
- Maximizing revenues from existing, new and lapsed clients
- Identifying and sourcing new business opportunities.
- Establishing, maintaining and improving relationships with existing, new and lapsed clients and internal departments
- Ensuring revenue targets are achieved, generating sales at agreed rates and maximum yield values, negotiating where appropriate, in line with portfolio targets and approved negotiation parameters
- Researching and canvassing for new business, identifying sales opportunities and effectively presenting key features for conversion to revenue.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key decision makers, in existing and new clients, ensuring a clear understanding of both their business and its requirements, to drive maximum revenues supported by excellent customer service
- Demonstrating comprehensive market and product knowledge, including a clear understanding of market trends and developments, USPs and benefits for Centaur’s products versus competitors, in order to maximize sales opportunities
- Monitoring competitor offering and websites to seek and convert leads, and monitors new clients and industry developments to drive lead conversion
- Demonstrating enthusiastic and professional delivery through preparation, effective use of visual aids, appropriately focused face to face meetings, and up to date database records which reflect accurate contact and company details
- Effective pipeline management to enable accurate forecasting of prospects to the Event Manager and other team members
- Maintaining accurate floor plans, avoiding any void areas and ensuring relevant team members are informed about changes and amendments.
- Contributing to the timely delivery and effectiveness of exhibitor and visitor promotions, supporting the delivery of events as required.
- Represents Marketing Week Live & Insight Show at all relevant exhibitions and events
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Proven sales skills and a drive to identify new revenue streams.
- Tenacious attitude, willingness to uncover new business.
- Fast paced telesales culture, with proven capability of surpassing minimum call standards.
- Experience in selling sponsorship and exhibition space.
- Understanding and interest in digital marketing
- Experience in selling digital advertising.
- Experienced in a sophisticated portfolio sell.
- Achievement of agreed monthly revenue targets, and YOY new business and meeting targets
- Consistently meeting and exceeding agreed weekly call targets
- Demonstrable growth of exhibitor & sponsor base YOY