This is an exciting position to work across two market leading events – Festival of Marketing and Marketing Week Live.
As the largest global event dedicated to brand marketers, Festival is a truly unique and immersive learning experience that brings together an eclectic mix of content sessions, workshops, experience rooms and engagement pods to give our partners outstanding opportunities to entertain visitors and show-case expertise.
Marketing Week Live is the leading marketing exhibition in the industry, championing supplier expertise to enable marketers to solve their immediate tech, campaign, tactical and strategic challenges, all delivered in an electric, live environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
You are responsible for ensuring maximum coverage for the accounts/sectors designated to you, and maximising market share and revenue from these accounts through sponsorship and partnerships at the Festival of Marketing and Marketing Week Live, plus any additional campaigns you might work on for your clients across the portfolio.
Personal Sales Activity
- You are expected to demonstrate sufficient effective output to cover your client base (arranging meetings, account managing, working to get new business etc.) – to equate to a pre-determined number of positive conversations each week/month/quarter as agreed with your direct line manager.
- Suggested levels of output in order to achieve your targets are: 50+ weekly effective actions. An effective action is classified as a phone call with a client where business is discussed, a proposal, and a client meeting. This is an average of 10 per day as a minimum.
- You are to attend industry events as and when relevant – these may be in the day or in the evening.
- Key to this role is making use of any opportunity to get in front of relevant decision makers – in order to do this, you will take advantage of all networking opportunities and will be proactive in seeking these opportunities.
- Your aim is to secure as much of the clients spend as possible. You will upsell / package sell / set up contracts to achieve this.
- You are responsible for covering your key clients/sectors on your own and put a strategy in place to ensure effective coverage. You will identify all the major accounts, and know where, why and how they market themselves. You are expected to deliver a high standard of key account management at all times.
- You will ensure 100% coverage of your clients every quarter, and you will find ways of seeing your clients and pitching both established and new ideas to them (when relevant).
- You will know and be familiar with competitor events and have a feel from the industry about competitor developments / launches etc. Having an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats will influence the suggestions you have for new products / ways of making money from your sectors/client split/region.
- You will quote relevant and up to date stats in all verbal and written communication with clients.
- You will be expected to work closely with other members of the team to develop relevant cross selling opportunities for our brands.
- You will always strive for new and innovative ways to gain money and share, and have a creative & problem solving approach to your work.
- You will represent your brands at all times, and have strong product knowledge. You will have sensible, knowledgeable and industry-based conversations with your clients, and also gain an insight into the industry from your clients.
- You will put together a fantastic, impactful, dynamic and engaging presentation/s for meetings. You will keep this up to date, and develop this over time. You will possibly need to tweak these for each sector, which can be easily amended and adapted for each client.
- Strong team work ethic
- Able to demonstrate a positive “can do” approach
- You will have a strong working relationship with other members of the team and will work together to ensure maximum revenue for the business.
- You will have meetings / sales / sector / project / plans in place to ensure we are getting vital face time with clients.
- You will work closely with other members of the sales team, and the wider team, in order to grow share and revenue, and ensure we have the most effective and exciting partnership opportunities for our clients.
- You will have good working relationships with your team, and will help train all ‘new starters’ when needed.
- In your role it’s really important to have close, good working relationships with the other departments including content, marketing, and ops teams.
In order to achieve your commission targets and lead successful projects you are expected to adhere to a number of KPI’s. Whilst we promote a flexible working environment at Centaur and allow people to work in a way that will get the best results from that individual, there are KPI’s set in place that are there to measure your performance and not hinder. These include:
- Revenue generating; each salesperson will be set targets based on their client splits and projects (this remains your key KPI and we can review if anything as project leads hinders this)
- Client meetings; we encourage sales people to be out on meetings as often as possible
- Client servicing/management; maintaining and building new relationships
- Calls; more calls and less emails, particularly with new clients
- Sales reporting; updating weekly reports
- New business generation; every sales person is responsible for generating new leads
- Contract renewals; making sure we are increasing the levels of year-on-year renewals